If online application forms are not available, you can always email your CV and motivational letter. Here are a few tips for applications via email.
- The first thing that catches the eye of the recruiter is the subject of your email. Always insert the job title you are applying for so that the recruiter can immediately see what the subject is.
- If you send your motivational letter as an attachment, make sure that you have entered a few sentences and your contact details in the email itself. This enables the recruiter to contact you immediately rather than having to look for your details in the CV.
- In order to ensure that your attachments are not blocked, use a format that can be opened on as many pcs as possible, such as word or pdf.
- Use the appropriate form of address that is used in letters also in your emails: address and close your email, and check for spelling mistakes.
- Run a spell check if available in your email client to ensure that there are no mistakes.
- Trendy language and emoticons that are used in an informal context are a definite no in applications.
- Ensure that your email is to the point and sufficiently structured, as you would construct a letter.
- Use your private email address to send the email to avoid unpleasant situations at work.
- Use an email address that comes across professionally. Pet names and ambiguous names are not advisable as they may pave the way to prejudice and influence the decision to invite you for an interview.
- Preferably add your name to the name of the word document or pdf of your CV. This may come in handy for companies who save and store CVs.
- Do not simultaneously send a form letter to several companies, even though this is quick and easy using email. Companies will see through this. Always adjust your letter to the company and position.
- Double check the email address before sending in order to avoid an erroneous delivery notification when the email did not reach the recipient.
- Before sending, check again to make sure that you have not forgotten the attachment.
We wish you all the best with your applications!
Receive jobs by e-mailWould you like to receive jobs that are relevant for you in your inbox? Set your criteria and maybe you’ll find your dreamjob in your inbox this week already!
After Sales Quality Engineer - Electric motors
Délégué(e) Commercial(e) pour Logiciels de Radiologie