The contemporary Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport is located a stone’s throw away from Belgium National Airport and next to the Brussels Ring, which connects to all major capitals in the Benelux.
The hotel is part of “The Corporate Village” which consists of 76,000 m2 office space and is home to many national and international companies.
All 315 guest rooms, including a range of suites and a Club Floor, are designed using the latest trends and are the perfect haven of peace.
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Food and Beverage is what adds flavor to a stay! Essentially the Sous-chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in kitchens that meet customer’s expectations, under the watchful eye of the Executive Chef. This involves supervising other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen. The Sous-chef may also need to effectively discipline underperforming staff members, as well as provide incentives for staff member to go above and beyond the expectations of their particular chef roles. Outside of the kitchen the Sous-Chef could be responsible for staff scheduling and may even be involved in apprenticeship development schemes.Sous-chef (m/w) (Join us as a Sous-chef at Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can:)
Duties and responsibilities
• Helping in the preparation and design of all food menu
• Producing high quality plates both design and taste wise
• Ensuring that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
• Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Manage and train the kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
• Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Qualifications and requirements
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Basic reading, writing and math skills
• Food preparation experience or training preferred
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms
• Standing up and moving about the kitchen
• Handling food, objects, products and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors
• Reading and writing abilities are used often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the
scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently
• Ability to comply to local laws regarding food handling or serving of alcohol
• Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays