Leads the procurement process for the supply of material/ services in the most cost and operationally effective manner from/for multiple geographical regions (i.e EMEA, Asia & Americas) in line with customer and project managers requirements.
- Execute Project Procurement activities involving high value project critical items, in accordance to agreed project schedules, and in compliance to engineering specifications and customer quality requirements whilst ensuring materials/services are procured within/below the budgeted cost.
- Attend the Project Kick Off Meeting(s) to identify required material and services to be purchased as per Project Schedule in order to develop a Procurement Plan (s).
- Compile all relevant technical specifications and contractual documents for the development of Request For Quotation (RFQ) in line with the overall Project Plan.
- Receives and analyze proposals from suppliers in close cooperation with engineering function(s) and the relevant project managers.
- Performs techno-commercial negotiations to deliver on cost saving targets for assigned project(s).
- Coordination with relevant internal stake holders (Project Management, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing Site teams & Logistics) in ensuring flawless project procurement execution.
- Ensuring materials/services provided by suppliers are in accordance to contractual agreements, including management of supplier deviations (non-conformities), and creation of remedial action plan when required.
- Works closely with the Logistics, Customs and Export function in ensuring that procured materials have the lowest total landed cost whilst complying to global trade regulations.
- Proactive Post order follow ups, expediting and resolution of change orders to ensure proper contract execution and close out of orders including involvement in payment release to vendors, as per agreed contract terms.
- Leads/assists in Supplier Evaluations process to identify suppliers who that are able to deliver products and services in compliance the Group Quality Management standards, and project/customer requirements.