The contemporary Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport is located a stone’s throw away from Belgium National Airport and next to the Brussels Ring, which connects to all major capitals in the Benelux.
The hotel is part of “The Corporate Village” which consists of 76,000 m2 office space and is home to many national and international companies.
All 315 guest rooms, including a range of suites and a Club Floor, are designed using the latest trends and are the perfect haven of peace.
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
As an Operations Manager you are responsible to oversee, direct and manage all aspects of the hotel’s operations at the highest level of excellence under the guidance of the General Manager and within the limits of established local hotel and InterContinental Hotels Group policies and procedures.
· Supervise the overall activities of Rooms Division (Front Desk, Concierge, Duty Management) and Food & Beverage Departments (Restaurant One o One, Manhattan Lounge Bar, Room Service, Banqueting and Minibar) and the functioning of all employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum operational efficiency and results
· Monitor the personnel of all operations to ensure guests receive prompt service, cordial attention and personal recognition by maintaining appropriate standards of conduct, dress/ uniforms, hygiene, appearance and posture
· Control and analyse the performance on an on-going basis, in order to optimize the following: Quality levels of product and service (LQA test results) - Guest satisfaction (Heartbeat scores) - Merchandising and marketing (internal) - Operating costs - Sanitation and cleanliness (hygiene)- EES – Employee Satisfaction Survey results and action plans
· Conduct weekly Operations meetings relating to, but not limited to, the following:
Overall financial results and profitability - Projected business - Operations results and problems - Changes in procedures - New management policies - Quality improvement - Sales improvement - Productivity improvement
· Attend all meetings as required
· Coordinate and supervise the presentation of food and beverage products to ensure the highest quality at all times.
· Encourage an effective and fruitful collaboration together with the Sales Department in order to maximize the revenues and results
· Supervise and coordinate pricing and preparation of menus, beverage and wine lists by taking into consideration such factors as:
Local requirements - Market needs – Competition – Trends – Recipes - Potential costs - Availability of Food and Beverage products - Merchandising and promotions - Profitability
· Coordinate with the Manager of Finance and Business Support to determine the minimum and maximum food and beverage par stocks. Approves all wine purchases and other Food and Beverage items in accordance with IHG quality and quantity standards
· Secure that Materials Control purchasing and storage system is managed and utilised to its maximum potential
· Supervises daily, weekly and monthly checklists for all departments. Ensures proper follow-up to attain maximum quality and efficiency
· Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining presentation standards to ensure facilities and equipment are clean, in good repair and well maintained
· Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under control
· Supervise comprehensive monthly departmental meetings to include review of procedures and events which warrant special handling and detailed information
· Promote in-house facilities and implement cross departmental hotel sales
· Monitors and controls the inventories for operating equipment and supplies in order to secure that resources are available
· Keeps aware of trends, systems, best practices and equipment in the hotel and restaurant field through trade literature and actual visits
· Prepare, manage and achieve the department’s budget. Duties include:
Prepare and manage a cost effective budget with measurable targets for department within the financial parameters set down by the hotel budget / Effectively monitor and analyse variations from the budget / Develop systems that measure the cost effectiveness of the departments / Develop procedures that track, report on, and control the running costs of the department
· Contribute to the overall strategic plan of the business and help compile the annual hotel business plan
· Keep abreast of trends in your area and implement best practice initiatives
· Develop a competitive business plan for your operational area and communicate this to your operational colleagues and staff
· Hotelschool or similar education.
· You have minimal of 4 years of experience in an executive position in a similar size and classification hotel.
· You speak and write English fluently
· You speak more foreign languages (preferably: French, Italian or Spanish).
· You are stress resistant
· You have good communication skills.
· You have experience in training, leading and motivating employees.
· You are cost-consious
· You are a teambuilder
· You are guest-oriented
· You have user knowledge and experience in working with MS Office applications
· To have experience with Opera/Fidelio is preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
HOW TO APPLY
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. Send your CV and application letter to https://www.hotelcareer.fr/emploi/crowne-plaza-brussels-airport-53040/operations-manager-2068575