As offshore legal counsel you will be involved in all legal matters of the company; in the contract management of the existing main contracts related to the windfarm, as well as in the procurement of its long-term operation and maintenance agreements.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- at first, the procurement of the long-term Operation and Maintenance (O&M) agreements for the windfarm. In this respect you will prepare all tender and contract documentation, you will manage the tender process and assist in negotiations, all this to come to contract agreements that protect all Norther’s interests. Therefor you will closely work together with Norther’s engineers and other technical people (such as Norther’s package managers). For specific issues related to public procurement (if any), you will be supported by specialised external lawyers.
- you will assist in the management of Norther’s existing main construction contracts (Balance of Plant Agreement and Turbine Supply Agreement), e.g. in respect of the contractor’s defects liability during the so-called Defects Notification Period. You will also assist in the management of the specific operations and maintenance contracts (Service and Availability Agreement and other long-term Operation and Maintenance Agreements to be procured).
- you will assist in assessing, drafting and negotiating other contracts related to the windfarm and/or the company.
- on the ad-hoc request of Norther’s different departments, you will render advise on a big variety of legal matters (e.g. on regulatory affairs, on social law, etc.).
- on the ad-hoc request of the CEO and CFO, you will render advice on specific legal questions related to the financing of the Norther offshore wind project and/or on the related finance documentation.
- on the ad-hoc request of the CEO and CFO, you will render advice on specific legal questions related to insurances and insurance claims.
- you will manage litigation files in concertation with Norther’s external lawyers.
- you will assist in the company’s corporate housekeeping and in the management of the shareholder’s agreement which is governing the relationship between the different shareholders.
- you will follow-up new legislation and recent case law in relation to (international) contract law, construction law, energy law, commercial and corporate law.
You will report to Norther’s General Counsel.