This position performs a wide variety of clinical laboratory analyses including assays that define complicated disorders of the cardiovascular, endocrine, hematological, hemostatic, thrombolytic, and renal systems. Evaluates individual and related laboratory data, recognizes patterns or trends that suggest significance of results.
• Performs, reviews, and interprets complex, esoteric, and routine chemical, hematological, coagulation, renal, lipid, and hormonal analyses by manual, automated, and/or microscopic means.
• Integrates analytical results with specific and highly varied clinical trial protocols to evaluate credibility, appropriateness and accuracy of test results in order to facilitate entry or exclusion of subjects from research programs.
• Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs clinical laboratory equipment, including routine preventative maintenance, calibrations, and safety checks. Recognizes and pursues instrument problems and resolutions.
• Evaluates analytical reagents, calibrators, and QC standards to ensure the accuracy of analytical results.
• Evaluates quality control procedures, evaluates results, and implements corrective action when indicated. Assists in carrying out ongoing statistical data analysis to detect trends and problems and undertakes corrective action.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in relevant Scientist area, relevant combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
• 2+ years industry experience in a hospital / clinical / central laboratory performing analysis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent critical thinking skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
• This position will be required to work Saturdays on a rotational basis.
What we offer:
• Meal vouchers
• Group Insurance
• Commuting allowance as prescribed by Joint Committee
• 40 hrs/work week with 12 compensation days
• 13th month
How to apply: Please submit your CV in English.
If you are interested, please send us your CV to Viktoria.Krasteva@ppdi.com or visit our website at www.ppdi.com to view and apply for other suitable positions.
This is an ongoing search. Suitable candidates will be contacted accordingly.
PPD is equal opportunities employer.