The legal department at Ergo Insurance and DKV Belgium is looking to fill the position of Legal Counsel specialized in insurance law. The position will be based within the legal department reporting to the head of legal and complaints.
The person will have following key responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice and support (also in English) to all business operations of ERGO Insurance NV and DKV Belgium NV in relation to life and health insurance law and insurance distribution law (including AssurMifid / IDD, etc.)
- Preparation and review of pre-contractual and contractual insurance documentation (insurance proposals, terms and conditions, etc.);
- Advise on legal (ombudsman) complaints;
- Management of litigation matters and disputes and liaise with external lawyers;
- Draft and/or review settlement agreements;
- Follow up new (insurance) legislation;
- Advice on regulatory matters (FSMA/NBB);
- Liaise with the Compliance team in relation to various legal matters;
- Attendance of Assuralia Workshops and meetings;
- Ensure adherence with Company by-laws and any relevant laws and (internal) guidelines and regulations;
- Review / advice on commercial contracts (including insurance distribution - broker/agent - contracts, services contracts, etc.);
- Knowledge of GDPR is an asset but not an absolute requisite.
- You have a Master's degree in Law, preferably with a postgraduate degree in commercial or insurance law;
- You have at least 2 to 3 years of experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel in the fields of (life) insurance law;
- Your mother tongue is Dutch or French, with excellent oral and written proficiency in English. Knowledge of other languages (German) is a plus but not a necessity.
- You have strong written and good communication skills and find it easy to establish contacts.
- You are business-oriented, solution-minded and are good at analysing and summarising information.
- You contribute to the achievement of the company’s objectives by being energetic, enthusiastic, flexible and engaged in everything you do.
- You like working autonomously, but also show team spirit.
- You are able to build trust and show integrity by being genuine, listening carefully and keeping promises.
- You have the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- You know how to work with standard MS Office tools.
- A competitive wage, meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance and an inability to work insurance are part of the wage package. In addition, you can count on various training opportunities, additional vacation and flexible hours. Our company is located in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.
- Apply online! Don't forget to add your CV and motivation letter!