PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
The Lab Assistant performs assigned tasks such as preparing slides, monitoring and recording refrigerators, freezers, and water baths temperatures, retrieving / moving specimens from / to long term storage, assisting in unpacking, loading and unloading of samples and analyzers, generating daily work lists for different lab areas.
- Sorts, scans, and assigns sequence numbers to different laboratory areas. Numbers HDL tubes for lipid laboratory
- Processes samples for testing
- Prepares reagents and pipettes/aliquots reagents under supervision
- Labels and stain hematology slides
- Gathers, dumbs, rinses, washes, dries, and restocks glassware and consumables in the laboratory
- Performs limited, non-complex, waived tests for review by a team member
- Performs daily work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
Education and Experience:
- High/Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Technical positions may require a certificate
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills
- Good cooperative and collaborative skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to laboratory policies and standard operating procedures
- Data recording skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare of laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
What we offer:
At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
What To Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.