The Head of Operations is in charge of OSEPI’s Administration and Operations Team of four full-time staff, which is responsible for human resources, finance, facilities, IT, legal compliance and compliance with OSF internal policies. This position requires close collaboration with the internal departments of the Open Society Foundations, principally Operations, Human Resources and the General Counsel (legal), and contributing substantially to the development of their organisation-wide strategies and systems.
The position reports to OSEPI’s Director, ensuring mission alignment of HR and operations with the whole team and all activities. The Head of Operations will also work closely with the Deputy Director, who leads on advocacy strategies and is responsible for OSEPI’s interactions with policy-makers and political actors at EU and national levels.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include to:
- Ensure effective and efficient functioning of human resources, finance, facilities and legal operations, including a constructive and interactive working relationship with all parts of the OSEPI team.
- Conceive, execute and revise the organisational part of OSEPI’s strategy, with associated budgets and workplans.
- Collaborate with the Director and Deputy Director on allocation of financial and human resources for the delivery and further development of OSEPI’s strategy.
- Supervise the A&Ops team, further its members’ professional development, and build strong collaboration and prioritisation skills.
- Help surface and solve organisational challenges, and work with the Director and Deputy Director on training and individual personal development plans for all individual OSEPI team members.
- Create, track and revise annual and multi-annual budgets and financial systems ensuring timely and actionable updates on year-to-date spending.
- Manage operational processes across the office such as creation and monitoring of contracts, recruitment and performance evaluation, financial reporting and audits.
- Prepare meetings of the OSEPI board and contribute to the implementation of decisions of the Board.
- Ensure OSEPI’s compliance with Belgian and European legal and reporting requirements, as well as OSF-wide policies and procedures.
- Create and extend systems for assessment of OSEPI’s operations and activities, in close collaboration with the Deputy Director on advocacy and with the Finance & Facilities Manager.
- Liaise with OSF’s internal departments, principally Operations (including Finance, Real Estate and Facilities), Human Resources and General Counsel (legal).
- Contribute substantially to the creation and development of OSF-wide strategies for operations processes and systems.