Group Leader - Early Discovery
For one of our clients, a CRO located in Beerse, we are looking for a group leader Early Discovery.
The Group Leader will be a key member of the Operational Management Team providing strong scientific, operational and strategic leadership to multiple project teams at the Beerse site of our Biology Department. You will proactively contribute scientific (technical, therapeutic and drug discovery) knowledge to multiple programs to ensure that program objectives are met. You will have line management responsibilities for team members within the Biology team (6-12 in-/direct reports depending on your seniority).
The following are responsibilities related to the
- Managerial leadership with responsibility for performance management, goal setting, providing feedback, motivation and development of staff.
- Provide scientific, technical and strategic leadership to a client project team.
- Interface directly with clients and internal customers to understand the needs and deliverables and define appropriate strategies that will achieve the scientific goals.
- Act as a role model to junior colleagues by demonstrating effective communication, project management and representation of Charles River Labs.
- Communicate across CRL sites in order to drive efficiencies, alignment and enhance best practices.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the
- You have a MSc or PhD with at least 5 years of working experience in a CRO or Pharma environment.
- You have significant experience (at least 3 years) as a people manager in an industrial drug discovery setting.
- You are familiar with all aspects of drug discovery and have experience with complex in vitro biology.
- You can translate research questions into practical and cost-effective research programs for our clients and direct those programs.
- You are able to work across various therapeutic areas and apply your skills to ongoing and new projects.
- You like to work in a team, you are fluent in English and have excellent communication and reporting skills.