The contemporary Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport is located a stone’s throw away from Belgium National Airport and next to the Brussels Ring, which connects to all major capitals in the Benelux.
The hotel is part of “The Corporate Village” which consists of 76,000 m2 office space and is home to many national and international companies.
All 315 guest rooms, including a range of suites and a Club Floor, are designed using the latest trends and are the perfect haven of peace.
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Food and Beverage is what adds flavour to a stay! Guests love to enjoy delicious, freshly-prepared and beautifully presented food. To deliver a great guest experience – a Demi-Chef de Partie, as a member of the kitchen team, will assist in preparing food in a timely manner, helping guests to have memorable experiences whenever and wherever they dine.Demi-chef de Partie (m/w)
Duties and responsibilities
• Prepare and cook orders in accordance with portion and quality standards specified in recipes
• Control food usage to minimise waste
• Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required
• Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed any local laws regarding health and safety
• Maintain a clean, neat and well-organised work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins
• Follow all established safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment or any safety incident to the supervisor or manager on duty
• May assist by performing dish washing or other kitchen duties as needed
• Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
• May occasionally interact directly with guests
• May assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Some food preparation experience or training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms
• Standing up and moving about the kitchen
• Handling food, objects, products and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors
• Reading and writing abilities are used often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently
• Ability to comply to local laws regarding food handling or serving of alcohol
• Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer: