Context of the job
The delivery unit Merchant Services is concerned with managing electronic payment transactions through payment terminals (POS terminals), eCommerce (web shops), ATM's and mCommerce for brands like Bancontact, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners, CUP, JCB, Sodexo … and requesting real-time payment authorizations to the card issuers worldwide. Today we process 2 billion transactions per year, with peaks of over 10,000 transactions per minute.
The Billing Service is within the delivery unit “MS” responsible for all projects related to automating billing flows towards Merchants & Financial Institutions as well as the Merchant/Bank settlement for payment schemes like BC EMV and international accounts.
The role of solutions manager is to translate business requirements into functional/system solutions, coordinate, follow up & challenge development by offshore teams, support test, deployment & production teams and permanently strive for work environment and product improvements.
The solution manager is responsible for team management and will report to the director of Merchant Services Business Support Applications.
- Create functional and system design for billing & settlement solutions to serve Worldline
& Worldline customers business needs
- Take ownership for successful delivery of new changes installed on our production environment
- Integrate application components
- Support test team and quickly fix problems raised by test team
- Monitor offshore development team activities :
- Analyze problems raised by customers or production support, find and implement a solution (mostly in an emergency / crisis context with high pressure, stress and quick results expectation)
- Propose & analyze application improvements (performance, robustness …)
- Coordinate / administrate small changes development
- Team Management