What started as a small family business is today an international player in the field of Quality of Life services. Sodexo offers a wide range of services that improve the well-being of people, such as maintenance of technical installations, reception, cleaning, management of green spaces and catering services.
We are convinced that the Quality of Life of our customers and consumers starts with our own employees. Your well-being at work is therefore one of our priorities. At Sodexo, you land in a stimulating environment where you can develop your talents and where you can count on a continuous support of your career. Are you looking for a challenging job in a stable company? The following function might meet your expectations.
As Application Engineer you are responsible for the day-to-day management of our Food & Retail applications in the Benelux region. You are the IT subject matter expert (SME) and you operationally coordinate all IT related activities, working closely with Business Owners, Functional Admins, IS&T colleagues and IT vendor teams. You take pride in ensuring your applications are well maintained and getting optimized in terms of functionality, reliability, performance, maintainability, security and continuity in line with all business requirements and IS&T policies and standards.
You will report to the Manager Applications Food & Transversal and will have the following key responsibilities:
Application support and maintenance:
• Enable level-1 IT Service Desk support by performing ticket analyses and creating Service Desk knowledge articles
• Perform or coordinate level-2 IT support and resolution, coordinate level-3 IT support by vendor teams
• Define and propose improvement ideas from functional and / or technical perspectives
• Operationally manage application changes and releases in terms of scope, quality, timing, costs and communication
Application management and governance:
• Execute IT control procedures and minimize risks
• Collaborate with business and IT peers to optimize application adoption and usage by end-users
• You have at least 10 years of work experience in IT and at least 5 years of work experience in a similar role
• You are in possession of a Bachelor degree or equivalent
• You have a solid experience in application maintenance, can bring in good practices, methods, techniques, etc.. You are in possession of ITIL or ASL certification
• You have broad experience with common IT ‘stacks, layers & environments’, DTAP principles, development tooling and application integration techniques
• You have experience with system development and project management methodologies
• You have good communication skills, you are fluent in Dutch and French, good in English
• Key soft skills: accurate, quality oriented, structured, analytical, problem solver, persistent, team player, communicative
• You are willing to travel periodically to other Benelux HQs (Rotterdam and Luxembourg)
A challenging position in a dynamic and healthy organization that emphasizes your development and learning process.
• A full-time contract of indefinite duration and varied position
• An attractive salary with extralegal benefits
• An induction program to facilitate your welcome & integration at Sodexo
• An organization with space for initiative and creativity
• A workplace located in Brussels (Ixelles), near the station of Etterbeek and the Delta metro station
Quality of Life on the workplace:
• A pleasant working environment and (trendy & modern workspaces) with flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
• A good work-life balance
• A conciergerie that offers you various services: dry cleaning, ironing, shoe repair, purchase of gifts, etc.
• A wide choice of durable meals in our restaurant