Position title: Test Engineer – DYMO
Location: Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Reports to: Senior Test Engineer
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
As a Test engineer you will be part of DYMO R&D Test Lab team, working with new thermal printers and consumables. You will be responsible for testing, metrology, fixture design, quality improvement, test specifications and test plans.
• Prepare laboratory tests (mechanical, chemical, electronics) by reviewing work orders and/or specifications
• Analyze issues found during testing
• Monitor the correct execution of product tests and measurements (mechanical, chemical) according the standard operating procedures and/or engineering instructions
• Follow up on test results, evaluate test results and translate the results into a technical report
• Prepare and conduct dimensional measurements (2D-3D) by reviewing drawings
• Follow up on measurement results, evaluate results and translate the results into a technical report
Fixture design & automation:
• Design and follow up of new test fixtures.
• Contact with external suppliers
• Program and maintain objective quality analysis software
• Work on individual product performance projects
• Conduct root cause analysis on issues and propose solutions and improvements
Specifications & test plans:
• Define test plans (DVP&R) and product test specifications based on the product specification
• Prepare work to be accomplished by setting up and programming equipment and apparatus for experiments or measurements
• Interact directly with personnel from all levels of Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Program Management, R&D, Marketing and Materials Management
• Propose test process improvements in order to increase efficiency
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or electronics or science discipline
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience
• Fluent in English (verbal & written) and communicative Dutch
• Good command of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Hands-on attitude
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Problem solving skills including identifying problems and root cause analysis
• Basic level of technical expertise and judgment in evaluating complex issues and developing innovative solutions
• Knowledge of 3D Cad (Creo or SolidWorks), Metrology (2D – 3D) and Measurement Techniques, Windchill is a plus
• Willingness to learn new technologies, equipment and procedures through on-the job training
• Multi-cultural awareness as we work in a global environment
What we offer:
Newell Brands has a strong footprint in the EMEA region with several thousand employees spread over many corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. A wide portfolio of our brands is strongly represented across the region including Parker, Waterman, Rotring, PaperMate, Sharpie, DYMO, Yankee Candle, NUK, Coleman, Bubba, Contigo, Mr.Coffee, CrockPot and Marmot. We grow the brands that sit in every aspect of people’s daily lives. We stay passionate and curious about our consumers.
Join us, help us become industry leaders and be part of:
• Global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally. We encourage development on a professional and personal level.
• Our friendly and competent team, who can support you to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
• Sustainability Strategy – environmentally sustainable and socially sensitive business practices.
• Give@Newell - charity activities dedicated for local communities.
Are you interested?
If so, please click on “Apply Now” on this site and upload your resume.
You can also send your CV at email@example.com including Reference Code 1904594 in the subject line.
By submitting your CV you acknowledge having read Newell Brands’ Privacy Statement for Job Applicants available at http://privacy.newellbrands.com/job_nl.html If you wish to be considered also for other suitable positions with the company, please explicitly indicate so on your CV/motivation letter.