The Senior SAP Analyst (Europe & MENA) will be responsible for supporting locally the new SAP implementations in the region, as well as for providing leadership & coordination to ongoing SAP enhancements and new requirements to enable business process improvements and compliance in Europe, Middle East & North Africa.
In order to do this, he/she will work closely with local and regional Business Partners, Project & Program Managers, and the various counterparts in the Global IT and SAP Teams as well as the Regional Business Relationship Managers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior SAP Analyst (Europe & MENA) will ensure he/she timely completes all assigned work adhering to Corporate IT standards, tools and methodologies. Collaboration with new implementation Projects as well as ongoing support and maintenance of existing SAP instances in Europe & MENA using external and/or remote (off-shore) support will be a key responsibility. This position provides the opportunity to play a key role in developing and leveraging the company's SAP capabilities and resources.
- Understand the business needs of the different user groups in the region, and ensure the SAP system (or others around them) provide adequate support to those needs.
- Devise solutions to functional needs respecting the mandate of using standard SAP functionality and best practices, identifying and negotiating with the different business areas any required process changes
- Be a steward of the correct usage of the system functionality, keeping its integrity and clearly identifying and communicating the potential shortcomings of the solutions, and providing alternatives
- Lead the prioritisation of the development and implementation of solutions and enhancements in coordination with the business user groups, communicating timelines and managing expectations
- Organize test plans and ensure testing is properly performed and documented for all changes or enhancements
- Identify training needs in the user community, create training documentation and deliver (or coordinate the delivery) of such training
- Support the Global SAP Implementation project within defined constraints (time, budget, resources and scope), using best practice PM tools and techniques as needed
- Support the Europe & MENA BRM with informing business sponsors and Information Technology leadership with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required)
- Function as an “internal consultant” around areas of SAP expertise identifying opportunities for improvements across SAP functional areas (i.e. Finance, Materials Management, Sales & Distribution, Production Planning and Business Warehouse)
- Resolve technical and functional issues as needed
- Support adherence to IT service level agreements agreed with business end users and monitor IT system performance to assure service level are being met.
- Travel: 15-20% as and where needed within Europe & MENA, USA and India