The Senior Analyst Packaging Testing reports to the Director Packaging Testing, based in the US, and works independently to add quantitative analysis of packaging components to ensure Estée Lauder’s commitment to excellence.
The focus of the role is testing (80%) with additional activities involving problem solving and investigation. Main tasks are:
- Determine appropriate methodology of testing various packaging materials and components.
- Perform technical evaluation of packages for seal, weight loss, compatibility, fill level, function, etc. using standard procedures to achieve and maintain high quality package performance.
- Communicate results and observations to project team globally.
- Research and report on strengths and weaknesses of new packaging materials.
- Conduct problem solving analyses to deal with manufacturing, quality, and functional issues.
- Investigate potential of new and innovative packaging materials and designs.
- Provide guidance to junior staff member over time.
- Ensure technical readiness towards right first time reviewing top 30 programs for the region with pkg development, R&D formulation, TSO and ME
- Actively participate in dFMEA
- Developing test plans and consumer usage simulation testing upfront
- Building first principles and developing technical models to predict testing outcome
- Lead regional TPM harmonization and supplier pkg testing certification