- Antwerp (BE)
For one of our clients based in the life sciences sector - research, we are currently looking for a Scientist.
This client is known for its work concerning the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
Due to our continued growth we have exciting opportunities for a talented, highly motivated
at our drug discovery site in
The Scientist will develop and conduct biological assays, in accordance with project objectives, in project teams. In particular (primary) human cell-based or stem cell assays in medium and high throughput, across various therapeutic areas. The job will require an awareness of Health and Safety considerations associated with conducting biological assays. This role is also a great learning and development opportunity regarding the drug discovery process.
- Develop biological (cell based) assays; experimental design with the support of project leader.
- Assess effects of test compounds and analyse the associated data.
- Establish an understanding of the relevance of the data being generated on the project.
- Present own work confidently, internally, with clear rationale and produce slides on own work.
- Write up lab book to department and patent-acceptable standard.
- Highlight interesting biology papers for the project team.
- Use appropriate scientific literature to plan assays.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the relevant scientific literature and contemporary laboratory practices.
The following are minimum requirements related to the
- Recent MSc or PhD in a relevant discipline
- Up to 2 years of working experience within industry
- Proficient in English
- Experience in molecular biology techniques
- Expertise in utilising complex cell-based assays is preferred
- positive can-do attitude
- good communication skills (written & verbal).
interested? please apply directly to the job posting (CV + motivation letter) on the kelly website.