Are you the ‘creative builder of the future’ we are looking for? Your high interest in how the world will look like years from now and your strong technical leadership will help you to make robust decisions for the present that provides innovative solutions for our business needs.
MAKE Asset Management (MAM) is committed to deliver reliable, competitive and innovative Asset Management across the Janssen MAKE network. MAM provides agile, future proofed, data driven services and solutions to enable MTO platforms to deliver to our customers. MAM establishes effective internal and external partnerships and fosters an empowered environment that fuels diversity, talent and expertise.
The Engineering Project Delivery Engineer is a member of the SM API MAM Cluster Engineering Team. In this position you are responsible for providing innovative engineering solutions to problems and opportunities, advanced engineering design for complex production and processing equipment, construction of manufacturing facilities, systems and equipment, transfer of knowledge to the user and maintenance and for providing ongoing operational engineering and technical support after handover.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
- CAPEX Project Delivery Process leadership (PDP) for strategic programs and projects at the level of a single Business Unit or across the Cluster Business Units (projects typically ranging up to $10MM):
- Partners with Operations, Logistics, E&PS, EHS&S, Quality and/or other customers in the identification of business opportunities or needs.
- Partners with other MAM functions (Cluster Engineering Disciplines, Cluster Execution Systems, Cluster Risk Management, Maintenance BU’s in the Cluster, MAM CoE) and other functions (e.g. E&PS, EHS&S, Quality, IT, Global Procurement) to perform engineering design; translating identified business opportunities/needs into proposed engineering solutions; leveraging as much as possible standardized solutions for the Cluster.
- Coordinates with MAM Engineering Disciplines and MAM Execution System Engineers (automation) to ensure alignment with engineering standards and specifications.
- Coordinates with MAM Manufacturing Technology Engineering and Technical Operations to ensure alignment with process standards and engineering specifications for manufacturing technology.
- Partners with MAM Maintenance & Reliability engineering to ensure the project addresses maintenance requirements (detailed maintenance plans, spare parts, …) and the new or modified system performs in accordance with defined asset criticality.
- Partners with MAM Technical Safety and Compliance to ensure the proposed solution meets regulatory requirements.
- Partners with users in operations to translate user requirements into functional- and equipment specifications.
- Develops and presents the Pre-Project Definition (PPD) outlining the business opportunity or need, business drivers, investigated solution proposals, proposed preferred solution (and rationale), proposed project scope, timeline, resource requirements and financials, supporting business case, project risks etc.
- Develops associated CAR documentation and leads or supports project approval.
- Prepares the FPX project team kick-off and uses FPX best practices throughout the project.
- Owns the Project Delivery Process including detailed engineering design, change control, construction, commissioning & qualification, integration into maintenance (IIM), project hand-over to the user and project start-up.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures, regulations, and customer specifications.
- Keeps stakeholders (including senior management) informed on project status, outlook, risks and established KPI’s for the project.
- Ensures timely delivery of project deliverables and documentation.
- Developing self as SM API Cluster Process Technology Subject Matter Expert (SME):
- Leads or participates in MAM Technology Teams to develop and secure expertise in specific technology areas and to drive technology standardization for the Cluster.
- Participates in joint JSC/DPDS Technology Stronghold Teams to support the development of new technology platforms for the Cluster.
- Provides ongoing operational support to the Maintenance Business Units in the Cluster for complex equipment related issues or project after care (2nd line support to Operations).
- Assists Reliability engineers and Maintenance BU teams in improving equipment reliability.
- Delivers technical requirements for new product introduction as well as driving continuous and breakthrough improvement of the product's supply chain capabilities.
- Acts as process and project engineering expert in large scale CAPEX projects where overall project management is owned by E&PS (projects typically above $10MM).
- Act as process specialist and JSC single point of contact to support external engineering company in the design, construction and start-up.
- Provide expertise to Platform and Enterprise level as required.
- Other responsibilities/assignments may include :
- Assuming Project Leadership for Business Optimizations projects (OPEX programs or projects, typically related to assets e.g. JJPS initiatives for the Manage Assets Business Processes).
- Development of a strategic Capital Master Plan and Long-Range Financial Plan for a given area.
- Acting as MAM Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for a strategic program (e.g. network optimization initiatives), for a given area, for an NPI or Product Life Cycle Management program (e.g. a Focused Factory) to maintain oversight over the related project portfolio.
- Training and coaching of external engineers on project delivery processes, technical standards and equipment specifications.
- Assuming Leadership for scoping, planning, scheduling and/or execution of a STOP (coordination of a portfolio of projects and maintenance activities executed during a shutdown or major overhaul).
- Acting as MAM SPOC for one or more external Service Providers (e.g. a managed service for engineering services) including acting as a gateway for assigned work, providing oversight over the portfolio entrusted to the external partner, management of communication flows, monitoring and improving of the service rendered, etc. …).
- Performing external manufacturing partner capability assessments as well as providing external manufacturing project support at external locations to drive the MTO/JSC priorities.