As first focal point of the customer, the Account coordinator provides outstanding customer service, supporting the Account managers in winning business, pushing for orders directly, receiving and processing orders, arranging delivery of product, following external storage facilities and ensuring timely invoicing process.
Key roles and accountabilities include:
- Act as commercial partner: handle all customers’ enquiries, commercial or technical, by either responding to the customer directly or ensuring that the enquiry is promptly handled by others and that all product literature is maintained and deployed effectively. To work extremely closely with sales team, supporting them and managing any delegated activities to ensure the overall sales objectives are met. To contact customers to negotiate and win orders, deputizing for Account managers when appropriate. To manage customer complaints effectively and ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Process order, from order to invoice : to receive and process orders, and manage the order trough to fulfillment.. To ensure that prices are always up to date in SAP and that invoicing of customers is completed accurately and on time and any adjustments, accruals of rebates are effectively managed. To ensure documentations for exports process
- Contribute to adequate logistics / supply chain: to forecast customer demand and closely monitor sales rates against forecast, alerting Account Managers to any significant variances or contacting customers directly to chase orders. Handle any product allocation situations effectively . To liaise closely with commercial and supply chain managers or other sites/depots and hauliers to ensure that all aspects of product availability, packaging and special needs are optimized and customers receive product as promised and all documentation is accurate
- Maintain systems : to keep SAP Master data and other parameters up-dated in order to ensure 100% reliable deliveries, invoices, records,… To ensure end of month closing activities for customers, consignments, off site storage, archives … To follow , maintain and up-grades procedures
- Work as a team : to work closely with the sales team to identify any additional opportunities to enhance customer service standards or business performance. To work within a team and cover any aspects of the other team members activities to ensure that the highest customer service standards are met at all times