We are Uniper: an international energy company with about 11,000 employees.
We combine a balanced portfolio of technologically advanced large-scale assets with outstanding technical and commercial expertise.
These assets and capabilities enable us to deliver flexible, bespoke, competitively priced energy products and services with agility, precision and speed.
Take part in our Trainee Program starting in April 2021 - Explore our company and make the next step in your career!
* You will develop a deep understanding of Uniper's business
* You will show your technical and operational expertise as well as your entrepreneurial thinking
* You should be highly proactive and mobile with a hands-on and self-reflective personality
* You will contribute to Uniper's asset development activities, including greenfield, brownfield and Joint Venture projects to make Uniper's vision reality by
* supporting in the coordination of development projects with special focus on site (re-)development activities ("master plans") for Uniper sites in Germany, UK and NL
* supporting innovative technologies at various sites e.g. hydrogen and batteries
* supporting interfaces to local/national authorities and governing bodies to protect Uniper's interest with regards to development options
* You will establish lasting relationships with all internal and external stakeholders in Uniper's core markets
* You will support coordination and preparation of internal decision papers (SD/FD) and alignment within the organization
* A successfully completed degree focusing (or equivalent) in Engineering, Natural Sciences or Economics
* Relevant internships and/or working student placements
* Exposure to foreign cultures is mandatory, experience abroad is a plus
* Interest in origination & project management of generation projects (with preference for fossil fuel power plants) and/or infrastructure/heavy industry projects
* Understanding of the technical and commercial challenges of development, decommissioning and demolition
* Strong team player, excellent communication and presentation skills
* Fluent German and English skills as a prerequisite, additional languages are a plus
As a Graduate in the Trainee Program, you have the opportunity to get to know different divisions and to gain valuable experience. The 18 / 24-month program based in Germany with a combination of pre-defined and flexible stations also includes the opportunity to gain international experience and to work in various business units. The program will give you an in-depth insight into our business and help you to explore your strengths. You will also have the chance to bring-in and enhance your social and team working skills. Individual mentoring and a buddy from day one will give you the best possible foundation for the next step in your career at Uniper.