When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
You will provide detailed technical design support for OEM heat exchanger technologies. Provide technical guidance to operations team as needs arise and/or issues warrant technical support. Interface with international team of engineers in accordance to stage-gate design processes for all project work.
What will you do?
- Responsible for projects supporting a large OEM customer from design to testing to manufacturing support.
- Responsible for maintaining schedule and routine project reporting.
- Research and analyze data for replacement components and/or assemblies and provide analytical opinion on feasibility and applicability of replacements. Where replacement is not identified, research and identify suitable replacement with copy-exact guidelines as guide.
- Employ continuous improvement methods in order to raise product quality including design for manufacturability and design for serviceability.
- Direct and/or support testing for validation, verification, FAI, etc. both locally and remotely.
- Coordinate activities to ensure that prototype manufacturing, construction, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Participate, lead, or work independently at problem solving using structured problem solving techniques.
- Provide technical support to Karlsruhe Operations as requested to support customers.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in design and project management
- Experience with manufacturing / assembly processes.
- Experience designing systems involving piping and ...