Our client is an international industrial group, specialised in the transformation of polyurethane into innovative products and solutions, which contribute to our daily comfort. It develops, produces and commercialises these solutions, through four distinct business lines: Flexible Foams, Bedding, Insulation and Automotive.
For their Insulation division in Belgium, they are now looking to recruit a Technical Manager for their office in Wevelgem. Being the preferred and experienced partner in insulation solutions, their products can be found in the building and construction sector, as well as your local DIY store. Their solutions can be used for many different applications, such as roofs, ceilings, cavity walls, floors, cellars and many more, and are the result of experience, expertise and a passion for polyurethane.
- To provide technical support and give direction in line with the BL Insulation strategy
- Responsible for technical specifications, manuals and documentation; by translating market requirements into technical specifications and technical documentation
- To offer technical support, by managing and implementing a fully operational technical helpdesk
- To lead, manage and oversee all resources and activities
- To be involved in the national industry, professional organisations and committees
- To deploy technical lobbying activities and build up a knowledge centre around selected business relevant issues in order to enhance the business
- To lead and/or contribute to the product and system processes at national level
- To conduct technical analysis of the competing products on the market
- To ensure the development, transfer and retention of technical and environmental, fire safety etc. knowledge on the assigned area of expertise (national legislation, regulations, customer and/or product group specific information)
- To keep all information up-to-date
- To prepare, coordinate and deliver training sessions to sales teams, customers, architects, contractors and other relevant stakeholders about the technical characteristics
- To provide technical analysis and expertise by reviewing relevant documentation and/or visiting construction sites in case of complaints
- To show strong people management skills; this role has 1 direct report at the moment
- Degree educated in a relevant area; preferably a degree in a building related technical discipline
- Proven experience at senior level in relevant industry experience, specialised knowledge of specific commercial and technical areas
- Dutch, French and English language are required
- Strong people management skills, including decision making and proven influencing skills
- Stakeholder management experience
What we offer:
Exciting career opportunity within an international company.