International Tax – E&A support
Conducting research on International Tax treaties between UK/E&A regions and other countries, determining the lowest Tax withholding rate, PE threshold, transactional taxes and any other Indirect Taxes applicable in the country.
Permanent Establishment Reporting and Monitoring
Assist Tax Director with Permanent Establishment (PE) monitoring (including calendar monitoring of Consultants working in foreign jurisdiction).
M&A, Corporate Restructuring and Entity Rationalisations
Assist Tax Director on ad-hoc projects and carry out relevant research such as:
- Acquisitions and business transfers
- Tax registration in a new foreign jurisdiction
- Entities rationalization, mergers, deregistrations and office closures
- Other business restructuring and evaluation of tax impacts
- Dividend repatriation
- Intercompany balance clean-up / offset implications, assignment, waiver, etc.
General compliance activities e.g. Transfer Pricing/Return to Provision/Reconciliation, etc.
- Preparation of annual Return to Provision reconciliation for all E&A entities. Quarterly
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing calculations for all ICF Entities within E&A together with the associated quarterly tax provision based on approved transfer pricing adjustment. Quarterly
- Assist US Tax/ external resource (Thompson Reuters) relating to Transfer Pricing study for E&A entities, when required.•Review Tax pack for all of the UK entities in conjunction with Tax notes during Audit process.- Annual end of Sept/Oct.
- Assist with completion of annual FORM 42 Share scheme Reporting to HMRC. Annual (May/June)
- Preparation of annual STBV (Short Term Business Visitors) Report to HMRC. Monitoring of STBV for UK offices every 2 months- report provided by UK office Manager. Annual submission to HMRC: April- deadline: 31 May.
- Assist with DAC6 reportable cross-border arrangements disclosures for European entities. Annual (Jul/Aug)
- Preparation of Corporation tax instalment payment schedules across E&A. Quarterly
- Reconciliation of Tax P&L Effective Tax Rate and Tax Balance Sheet accounts (CIT, WHT) including local statutory to US GAAP tax reconciliations. Quarterly
Domestic (UK & EMEA Tax Support) – region currently have established entities in Belgium, UK
- Assess Brexit implications for the UK and European businesses given new guidance and laws are being enacted on continuous basis.
- Review of WHT Returns for EMEA entities where relevant.
- Review of VAT Returns and address ad hoc questions on VAT, indirect tax returns, local compliance needs, for EMEA entities, etc.
- Review of Corporation Tax Returns for EMEA entities. Annually.
- Review of Quarterly CIT Payment instalments for EMEA entities. Quarterly
- Assist with internal audit and SOX compliance activities for EMEA entities