As a member of the Japanese Aisin AW Group (28,000 employees worldwide), AW Europe is a major player in the fields of integrated navigation multimedia systems and automatic gearboxes, (ATs), for the automotive industry. AW Europe is recognized and appreciated by renowned automakers for its culture of quality, focusing on technological innovation and concern for Customer satisfaction.
AW Europe currently employs over 1000 people in Europe including 900 in Belgium. Our European headquarters and development centre are located in Braine-l'Alleud, South of Brussels with manufacturing, logistics and aftersales facilities in Baudour (near Mons).
Based in our Quality Assurance Department in Braine-l’Alleud (South of Brussels), you will be part of a motivated team whose task is to make AW Europe the market leader for Quality and Customer Satisfaction for Automatic Transmissions. Our main business is working with European OEM, ensuring the product Quality through the complete project life-cycle.
More specifically, your role will encompass the following tasks :
- As privileged customer contact, manage all customer requests linked to Quality matters and report/negotiate in the most adequate way about the Quality status, issues, action plans, taking into account AW and customer requirements, history, interests, targets, in order to establish and maintain the best possible relationship and trust
- Evaluate the customers’ needs, propose, explain and, if required, negotiate the implementation of the different services which can be provided by AW-Eur within the framework of the quality activities
PROJECT QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate in close collaboration with the customers and AW (TCE) the quality activities that are essential to the progress and the success of the new projects in order to obtain the approvals for “interim” and “series” manufacturing (ex: negotiation of warranty contracts, support APQP gates, PPAP submission…)
PRODUCT QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- Monitor the Line/Field quality performance of AW products and, when necessary, support / plan / negotiate / decide / implement the relevant preventive/corrective actions to assure that the required Quality targets from customer and AW are met with consideration of financial and image impact on AW as well as Customer Satisfaction
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
Define and continuously monitor the activities of your team to to ensure that their daily actions match with customer and AW expectations/priorities. Coach, support, assess and develop their competencies in order to ensure autonomous and efficient activity and behaviour, supporting at best their mission
Collect, summarize and disclose adequately the information related to the customers, the main Quality concerns, activities and performances, as well as projects status and issues in order to guide the action of your team members and to present a clear summary of it to the management
Engineer in electro-mechanics/ mechanics, or equivalent by experience
You have gained a successful experience as Customer/Supplier Quality interface (or alternatively in a role of technical sales or project management). Previous experience in the automotive industry is an asset.
You have a solid experience in team management
You have a good command of French and English (German is an asset) and you appreciate to evolve within an international environment (frequent travels abroad)
Knowledge of core tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC & problem solving)
Easy communication, capacity to manage and work in team & identify priorities
Able to identify risks, important subjects
Negotiation abilities, perseverance
Analytical mind with strong problem solving and reporting skills
- An opportunity to join a friendly team in an international environment within a global group making top technology products for the automotive;
- An open-minded, safe, respectful and multicultural environment;
- A modern and conveniently located place of work in Braine-l'Alleud (South of Brussels) and Mons;
- An attractive offer with competitive fringe benefits including a company car;
- The opportunity to make (short)business trips in Europe and Japan;
- Ongoing training and development.