The TotalEnergies Group has been present for 100 years in Belgium and employs more than 4,900 persons.
In Antwerp, TotalEnergies has one of the most efficient integrated platforms for refining and petrochemicals. Total Raffinaderij Antwerpen (TRA) is one of the most modern and diversified refineries in Europe and the largest in Belgium.
The Group is currently looking for a Steam Cracking Furnace Process Engineer (m/f/x) for the Antwerp Platform.
Your main tasks:
* You will work closely together with the Furnace Technicians, Furnace Mechanical Engineer, Senior Furnace Process engineer. The Furnace Process Engineer drives the optimizations in the performance of the furnaces through close monitoring of the process parameters and through technical troubleshooting on a day to day and longer-term basis.
* You provide guidance to the logistics department regarding the quality of the feed to the furnaces when feed is not within specifications to make sure furnace performance and availability are not adversely effected.
* You provide guidance around advances in the safe operation of the furnaces (furnace process safety protection systems) and for environmental compliance.
* You participate in audits checking the two Naphtha Crackers of the Antwerp platform furnace compliance against TotalEnergies' technical, operational and safety guidelines and sets up an action plan towards full compliance.
* You make proactively technical proposals to make sure availability targets for the furnaces are met since furnace availability directly impacts plant performance and availability and gives support to the coil selection process.
* You investigate losses, limitations, incidents and accidents on the furnaces. You perform and report root cause analysis. Consequently, you make proposals to eliminate reoccurrence and starts and coordinates management of the change process.
* You provide the required process input to keep operational procedures up to date, in close collaboration with the production engineer, shift personnel and furnace technician.
* You actively participate in the steam cracking furnace TotalEnergies Refining & Chemical network, prepare and present own REX, discuss and implement lessons learned from REX of other TotalEnergies sites.
* You maximize synergies between the Naphtha Cracker furnaces, e.g. site practices/procedures, REX's, …
* You process support lead for furnaces stops preparation and execution and for reviewing/supporting unusual operation like decommissioning, commissioning procedures.
You will be coached from your first day at work: education and training are an intrinsic part of your career. Responsibility, independence and team spirit are key concepts in your involvement with us. In return, we offer you great career opportunities within the company or the Group.