Senior Sustainability Program Manager (SPM) to lead the programming and coordination of sustainable building designs for WWD business customers in EU. The SPM will be responsible for developing strategy and executing building design projects and programs that reduce carbon emissions and improve the sustainability of our facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the cross functional team responsible for setting Amazon’s design criteria and building design templates that govern the design of these technologically advanced facilities. This individual must be comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels. The right candidate will demonstrate a track record of successes in performing the full range of design management functions while leading internal and outsourced teams in an extremely fast paced environment that has a high degree of ambiguity. Responsibility for sustainable design standards includes: site design, architectural, civil, electrical, mechanical, low voltage, signage and incorporation of storage and material handling designs by other internal teams.
This role will also work with other Amazon sustainability team members to help translate these efforts into facility solutions for our new and existing customer fulfillment and logistics building programs, and to help Amazon meet its Climate Pledge commitment. This work will focus on accelerating lower carbon material strategies, energy efficiency, healthy materials, water management, and other sustainable design strategies.
The role will be based in Luxembourg and will include frequent travel.
· Lead a multi-disciplinary team that is creating new net zero carbon, net zero energy customer fulfillment and logistics building designs in Europe.
· Drive alignment between WWD EU and NA regarding sustainability strategies and deliverables.
· Coordinate and collaborate with a wide variety of internal operations, design, and engineering stakeholders to increase the sustainability, efficiency, and efficacy of the building design program
· Demonstrate performance that serves as a model of excellence establishing business requirements, design team collaboration, and stakeholder alignment
· Manage third-party architects, engineers and designers responsible for creating the building design templates (i.e. prototypes) for customer fulfillment and logistics buildings.
· Present and facilitate strategic design discussions to top-level executives
· Coordinate workshops that drive alignment on key issues for new building designs and initiatives to drive sustainability, the associate experience, operational efficiency, and reduction of first and lifecycle costs
· Lead technical design reviews
· Manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
· Provide project support for operations network buildings including fulfillment, sortation, and/or last mile facilities
· Drive compliance of Amazon's worldwide design standards
· Develop strategic building solutions which meet or exceed our quality requirements and drive value engineering and standardization across all aspects of the facility
· Collaborate with local regulatory agencies and certification agencies to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes while reducing the jurisdictional impact on Amazon’s operation
· Negotiate and manage contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required
· Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering
· Experience in architecture and program management with demonstrated experience with sustainable, high-performance buildings
· BREAM experience
· Building design & construction project management experience from programming, design, construction, and operations including project planning for scope, schedule, and costs
· Experience developing and implementing carbon reduction and sustainable building implementation strategies for energy, carbon, water, materials and waste - from concept through operations
· Building design program management experience
· Demonstrated experience leading large, multi-disciplinary design teams, consultants, and vendors
· Demonstrated expertise in software programs for Revit, Bluebeam, BIM360, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite
· Master’s degree in architecture, architectural engineering, or business
· Architectural Registration, Professional Engineer Registration, and/or other building professional accreditation
· PMP certification
· Proven experience implementing and managing a sustainable building design and the development of buildings standards and templates (aka prototypes).
· Strong competency with time management, organization, and attention to detail
· Recent and documented professional continuing education
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
You can simply apply by clicking the Apply Now button