The Senior Financial Controller will take the responsibility for providing relevant & timely financial information to the Directors of the business in order to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the regions strategy and objectives. The key tasks will include:
Internal and External Customers
- Liaising with the EMEA Finance and EMEA FP&A team to fulfill any ad hoc information requests.
- Responsibility for the statutory financial reporting of all legal entities under local GAAP. This includes Published Accounts, Taxation matters, and other statutory reporting to public bodies.
- Drive month end close timetable to meet Group reporting requirements and ensuring this is communicated to all stakeholders, including Shared Service Centre (SSC).
- Assure balance sheet integrity for management and statutory reporting.
- Work closely with the SSC to ensure that SLA’s and KPI’s are met.
- Reviewing Country, Divisional and Client P&L results and challenge.
- Active management of overheads for business whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings.
- Give direction and leadership to the Regional Accounting Finance Hub team (2 FTE), including the effective management, motivation and development of the team.
- Build and develop high level relationships with business and functional leaders, customers and external agencies (e.g. auditors).
- Identify, analyse and resolve potential business risks, as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance.
Finance Processes, Procedures and Reporting
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems, identify opportunities to enhance system efficiencies
- Manage compliance through the required procedures and processes.
- Reconciliation from ERP through to HFM on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility for coordinating the annual audit for the legal entities (as required) between the auditors and internal staff; with guidance and ensuring relevant preparation of supporting schedules and timetables for internal staff prior to the audit.
- Ensure Group & country statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes.
- Ensure Business Group is fully compliant with Sarbanes Oxley, including ITGC, IPE and ITAC.
- Co-ordinating with the tax team ensuring that the financial data is provided on a timely basis to the tax authorities, including ensuring that the relevant legal entities are tax compliant.