As a Senior Accountant you will partner with the Finance Manager to manage the general accounting & tax activities, ensure a correct General Ledger to monthly closings. You will optimize and document procedures, and financial controls following statutory and group policies. You will take part to consolidation process.
General Accounting Operations
Overseeing General Ledger functions, you will assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with BEGaap, group policy and procedures; i.e. :
- Ensure accounting entries are in line with Local Accounting Standards;
- Supervise the maintenance of company general ledgers and perform reconciliations as required;
- Ensure correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents;
- Specific analysis and process review of general ledger accounts;
- Ensures integrity of the financial system and at the same time ensure timely, accurate and meaningful reporting;
- Accounts Payable process supervision with Accountants, payments planning, aged accounts;
- Accounts Receivable follow up and maintenance of processes with Business Support teams (aged accounts, …);
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholders (Auditors, Authorities, Operations teams,…).
- Calculate and prepare monthly and annual VAT returns (BE, NL & LU);
- Ensure TAX compliance;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Income Tax return and ad hoc requests.
Reporting & Analysis
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports;
- Prepare the annual BE statutory accounts (4 companies);
- Coordinate with foreign Accountants for local statutory accounts and compliance;
- Assist in collation of data for budgeting;
- Analyze current systems and processes to ensure accurate recording of accounting data.
- Supervise and support of finance team (up to 3 Accountants) and collaboration with business support teams;
- Be involved in Staff selection, development & training.