The Senior Accountant is responsible for Compliance with periodic Statutory Requirements, drafting of Financial Statements, Tax Filings and plays a key role in performing SOX Controls and Balance Sheet reviews. (S)He is responsible for tying out the Intercompany positions and for managing the Cash positions in close cooperation with the head office treasury department.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
- Accounting & Reporting:
- A-Z Accounting including payroll, taxes and intercompany transactions
- Set up and management of monthly accruals ensuring completeness of both balance sheet and income statement in according to local and US GAAP.
- Processing of outgoing payments and monitoring of cash position and FX hedging requirements.
- Management of fixed assets, maintenance of the FAR and annual physical inventory
- Processing of cross charges to other group affiliated companies and coordinating journal entries affecting books across different affiliated companies
- Review trial balance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts to sub-ledgers and supporting documentation. Remediation of reconciling differences in close cooperation with Head Quarter IT department.
- Collaborate with cost accountant to ensure proper valuation of inventory and LCM provisions where required - support annual physical inventory count and reconciliation process.
- Ensure proper and efficient use of JDE and reporting tools - optimize reconciliations between sub-ledger and general ledger
- Ensure accounting processes are completed in most efficient and LEAN way - propose improvements in processes and in use of available tools where possible.
- Statutory and Group Compliance:
- Champion and perform Sox controls procedures for Antwerp facility
- Produce periodic filing "PRODCOM" to Belgian Government, 'structuurenquête' and other periodic statistics required by government
- Produce monthly reporting schedules
- Prepare monthly Treasury reporting and Cash flow schedule
- Prepare statutory financial statements filings and lead in supporting internal, external and statutory auditors for group and statutory sign off on the financial and tax accounts.
- Preparation of draft carat tax filing for review by tax consultant.