As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You are energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people as well as motivated by leading and developing people.
For this role we believe you are innovative and open to new solutions with a passion for doing business, always keeping sustainability in mind. You are into leading business and people together. You like to deliver results within a given framework, contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers, and finally you are service minded and customer driven.
You have knowledge in the following areas:
•Urban planning & permitting: Knowledge of how to work with public administrations, to optimize land usage in terms of technical and authority aspects of infrastructure, protection and use of environment, planning and permitting.
•Business risk management: Knowledge of how to assess and mitigate risks in a business environment.
•Project management: Knowledge of how to initiate, plan, execute, control and close a project.
•Real Estate Asset Management: Knowledge about maximizing the value of Ingka properties, by proactive management of relations, permits, continuous obligations, and real estate matters on and off site like CAMS, capex and opex and including negotiations with public and private stakeholders.
•Real Estate Asset Information Knowledge: Knowledge about Ingka property assets, including key data & information to enable follow up and proactive strategic decisions in relation to the Property asset.
•Property related taxes in Asset Management: Knowledge of the real estate taxes calculation principles and processes of their reduction in order to manage real estate/property taxes, negotiate tax incentives, and secure the tax optimization through the life-cycle of the assets
•Real estate rights protection: Knowledge of different ways, processes and tools to protect rights of IKEA for its properties.
•Real estate information sources: Knowledge of different sources of real estate information (public register, register of rights) and ways of working with them.
•Portfolio Management: Knowledge how to optimise use of the real estate portfolio. Provide overview, insights about Ingka properties. Secure business capacity through properties and their interaction
• Spoken and written knowledge of English and French or Dutch.
Your have abilities in the following:
• Negotiating: Explores alternatives to reach outcomes acceptable to all parties.
• Decision making: Uses sound judgment to make timely and effective decisions.
• Relationship building: Develops virtual and other collaborative relationships to facilitate current and future objectives.
• Processing information: Gathers, organises, and analyses digital and other sources of information in an objective manner.
• Driving for results: Accomplishes goals, completes tasks, and achieves results.
• Define risks related to Ingka properties and develop best mitigation way.
• Secure operation of Ingka properties by regular monitoring/follow up of zoning, permits, property rights and obligations, third parties activities and initiate and lead actions based on monitoring findings.
• Build and maintain long term local relationships on real estate topics with community, public authorities, government officials, property partners and neighbours where Ingka properties are located.
• Represent IKEA in all real estate aspects with common areas/properties owners’ associations in order to safeguard IKEA interests, optimise operating cost of such shared areas/properties (common area maintenance - cam, OpEx and CapEx budgets and real estate taxes).
• Lead land and permits related processes for all major rebuilds or extensions that involve an urban planning change or a building size increase.
• Work with property partners and local authorities to finalise the project continuing or pending legal obligations, and facilitate the execution of obligations.
• Investigate and organize the process of real estate taxes optimising during operation and support in obtaining of incentives during the permit and approval process.
• Organize and manage Real Estate Asset Management county/district database for all IKEA properties.
• Manage undeveloped Ingka properties in order to secure them and maximise value for further development.
• Manage easement agreements and other encumbrances in favour of third parties on IKEA properties.
• Work proactively with information analyses and defining opportunities in order to support property optimization and divestment of IKEA properties.
• Manage relations with external tenants where applicable.
In this role you will report to the Asset Management Manager.
This role is located in Zaventem
Without us it would be difficult to meet our customers in person. In our team we find, develop and manage IKEA properties around the whole world. We’re different from one another but we are all passionate about real estate. We challenge and inspire each other to always stay close to IKEA customers and to understand how the changes within retail effects our needs of real estate.