Agriculture plays a fundamental role in fulfilling many of humanity's basic needs: food, feed, energy. To support growers and those who take care of our environment, BASF develops innovative solutions for farming, pest control and landscape management - so that we can effectively contribute to improving people's lives and business' demands. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for sustainable agriculture at the Innovation Center of BASF Belgium Coordination Center CommV in Gent, Belgium.
To strengthen our Regulatory Science Seeds & Traits team in Zwijnaarde, we are looking for a QA Specialist / GLP auditor.
What you can expect:
- In this role you plan, prepare and execute inspections (either study based or facility based) according to the described procedures and Good laboratory practice (GLP) guidelines and write inspection reports independently.
- You act as lead auditor: plan and conduct the inspection of third parties according to the applicable GLP regulations and applicable SOP's to determine their acceptability to conduct GLP and non-GLP studies.
- As a QA specialist, you provide QA/GLP guidance in the implementation of new studies or equipment in the Test facility.
- You provide internal GLP training sessions. Coaches and trains members of the GLP Test facility.
- You represent QA (or take the lead) in small projects and certain RSS meetings or local industry organization.
- You ensure compliance with the OECD GLP standards for all types of studies executed within the Test facility Gent.
- You communicate with all GLP functions within the Test facility and contracting GLP labs and may give QA advice/guidance in the implementation of new procedures and studies.
- You have knowledge of all the SOP's and be capable of applying the SOP's in the function of Quality Assurance personnel and contribute to writing/updating/reviewing of RSS GLP SOP's.
- You support the QA manager in the resolution of issues in specific areas (e.g. stewardship, laboratory Quality Management).
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent through relevant experience.
- You have at least 8 years of relevant, successful experience in Quality management systems.
- You have an expert knowledge of the OECD GLP principles and a basic knowledge in moleculary biology and DNA/protein testing.
- You are known for your advanced planning, organizational and reporting skills.
- Furthermore, you have innovative thinking in process/efficiency improvement.
- You have advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office) and other scientific programs and document management systems.
- You are a team player: flexible, open to changing environment and you have a pro-active attitude
- You have effective and proactive communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written English.
- Additionally, you have coaching skills, self-leadership skills and are able to work under time pressure.
- You will have the opportunity to work in an international environment.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Please apply by using the 'Apply' button.
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect
and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance.
Not only your performance but also your personality matters to us, without regard of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the job? Please give us a call!
Nele (Talent acquisition)
Phone: +49 30 2005-58363
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.