We are searching a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (M/F) to strengthen our QA team in Leuven, where you will be part of a multicultural, supportive, and young team that loves challenges and takes pride in delivering a product that has a real impact on people’s lives.
You will work for a company that embraces passion, commitment, innovation, and creativity and where it is fun to work.
Our ideal candidate is above all passionate about quality; just good is not good enough! He or she is a quick learner and eager to explore new developments and bleeding edge technology. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is a real team player who enjoys the opportunities created by the special context of an international company and working closely together with people from different cultural backgrounds.
We develop our product following the principles of agile software development. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is an active member of a scrum team and participates in all the quality related aspects of a product release cycle, more specifically; Feature testing.
We typically release two major feature releases per year. At the start of a release cycle, you will work closely together with our product owners and complement their feature specifications with feature test plans. Peer review by one of your colleagues of test plans shall result in maximum test coverage.
You will participate in effort estimation sessions and are expected to judge the required test effort for the features as accurately as possible. Throughout the implementation, our developers will provide you with executable code and (incomplete) prototypes as early as possible. Together with the developers you are responsible for ensuring that the feature is implemented according to specification and that it works reliably. You document your work in test reports. If defects are found, they are accurately documented in JIRA and fed back to the developers. Short feedback loops result in the early detection of defects and software that has been designed with testability in mind. System and regression testing.
After all features have been implemented, it must be ensured that new features work correctly together with the existing ones. Together with the developers you perform a risk assessment and determine which parts of the product need thorough retesting because of the introduction of the new features. Before releasing, finally, the entire regression test plan must be executed to ensure that no unexpected side effects or problems have been introduced in other parts of the product.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer keeps the regression test plan up to date after every new release of the product. Test automation allows more advanced testing schemes that can not be executed manually; creating artificially very high load on the system or simulating very large-scale deployments are just a few examples. Automating tests additionally ensures that the required test effort for completing a regression test remains bounded. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer continually searches for possibilities to automate test scenarios and has the possibility to develop the necessary robots.
You hold a bachelor's degree (or higher) in IT, or related subjects, or have built up comparable knowledge by experience.
• You have at least some prior relevant experience in QA.
• You are familiar with both black-box and gray-box testing.
• You are flexible and sensitive to deadlines.
• You are thorough and have an eye for details.
• During repetitive tasks, you maintain attention to detail, and consider how such tasks could be automated.
• You are sufficiently fluent in English, both spoken and written, to read specifications, standards, engage in conversations and discussions etc.
• Prior experience with Test Management and Test Automation frameworks is an asset.
• Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is an asset.
• You know the basics of digital video.
• You are comfortable with Linux as a primary work environment
• You have a basic understanding and user/admin level knowledge of Windows, Linux, networks and databases.
• You take pride in the quality of the product, and understand the responsibility of ensuring that the high standards required by operating-theatre SW are maintained at all times.