What you will do
Our Procurement EMEA Team is looking for an experienced professional who will be responsible for developing, planning, implementing, analyzing and executing regional Strategic Purchasing related to logistics services. Category Manager will be specifically responsible for creation and execution of the procurement and business strategies, business processes, policies and technical procurement systems infrastructure within (EMEA, APAC, and LATAM) Procures Services and develop strategies at a high level to provide at the highest quality and the best cost to the plants and operation centers in their regions.
How you will do it
* Provides strategic procurement programs that leverage the operations of Johnson Controls with measurable financial results globally.
* Directs and implements region policies, procedures, and standards that support the Region and Business Units plans.
* Develops and executes strategies designed to improve business process productivity, reduce costs and procurement related expenses while improving profitability as well as increasing our TWC (Trade Working Capital) aligned with all business units’ requirements.
* Supports regional logistics procurement (EMEA, APAC, and LATAM) teams by enhancing strategy and leveraging expertise and knowledge of region.
* Manages relationship with suppliers, including managing day to day operations, issue & escalation.
* Works effectively with all business units leaders globally to ensure alignment of the global strategy and adoption of best practices.
* Researches, identifies, negotiates and registers appropriate logistics service providers by region/country, to support business unit and plant operations.
* Develops relationship with business unit regional logistics procurement managers to effectively leverage expertise across the organization.
* Develops business review format and common scorecard to evaluate ongoing performance.
* Manages contract updates and RFP processes for regional requirements including road freight, intra region air and parcel, customs brokerage, etc.
* Understands market trends and regulation changes that may affect our business operations and communicate impacts proactively.
* Maintains regular communication with the Business Leaders and regions to understand business conditions and market trends to support their operations accordingly.
* Stays informed of any changes or updates in laws, tariffs, commodity class