* Follow up production units and formulate proposals to improve capacity, yields and efficiency.
* Contribute to realization of Antwerp Platform engagements for budget, yields and throughput.
* Participate in safety and environmental improvement programs.
* Follow up advanced control and optimization efforts.
* Analyze test-runs and determine bottlenecks.
* Monitoring of the accuracy of the refinery units process models.
* Thoroughly verify and evaluate modification proposals.
* Realize in time the Base Chemicals assignments in line with yearly objectives.
* Troubleshoot problems of the units under responsibility.
* Provide good documentation on problems and solutions.
* Acquire/establish strong technological knowledge.
* Plays a major role in the relevant network activity thanks to his/her knowledge.
* Assists start-up of new units, shutdowns and process inspections.
* Provides advice on new projects/installations (Hazops, PIDs, PFDs, safety, MOC...).
* Participates in safety and environmental improvement programs.