We are looking for a Principal Scientist Process Engineering
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, committed to inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer, our over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
At Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We discover and develop innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD), the CMC organisation (chemistry, manufacturing and control) within Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., employs hundreds of scientific researchers and specialized technicians. The API Small Molecule Development department (API SM) is responsible for designing processes to supply large quantities of new chemical entities for R&D and commercial purposes. API SM develops practical, efficient, safe, and green chemical processes for drug candidates at all stages of development.
The Chemical Technology & Engineering group (T&E), a unit within the API SM, is expanding and looking for a Principal Scientist Process Engineering.
Responsibilities and duties
• You will play a key role in the development, scale up, and optimization of our API manufacturing processes.
• You will interact with cross-functional teams (organic chemists, analysts, process safety engineers, purification specialists, pilot plant engineers) and actively participate in the process design supervising ongoing projects and guiding subject matter experts.
• You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our processes to ensure the highest quality product is manufactured within our API facilities. This includes late stage development, scale-up, new product introductions, and technology transfers.
• You will play a key role in innovating and furthering departmental knowledge, staying up to date with and apply the latest scientific developments ensuring the T&E group has the capabilities required to operate at a world class level. This will be achieved via internal investments, development of new technologies, and collaborations with external networks (academia, CRO’s) whilst ensuring alignment with our strategic goals.
What is in it for you?
• Contributing to our mission to continue to bring transformational new medicines to patients for a world without disease.
• Being part of a motivated and experienced research team in an innovative working environment
• Through mentoring programs, e-university and on the job training, we ensure your personal development in a global company
• A competitive salary, on-site sport accommodations, health/energy programs and other benefits for you and your family
• Flexible working hours (40 h/week), no fixed holiday planning with 39 holidays and possibility to work at home for non-laboratory related tasks
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.