As a person you are passionate about people and their well-being. You understand an impact of optimising people planning process in different units - for co-workers, customers and business – when as a result we ensure that all IKEA/INGKA co-workers have a viable working schedule.
You have knowledge about global and country people planning approaches and market and legal requirements in people planning. You have an overview about current scheduling processes and time keeping software used in the stores and ability to create, implement and follow up rules and practices to ensure accountability, compliance, fairness and transparency within IKEA. You have practise in organising, storing and maintaining records and information.
You accomplish goals, complete tasks and achieve results. You know how to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility. You express ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication.
For this role we believe you need to have minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
In the role People Planner, you optimise people planning practices and co-workers schedules. You are responsible for continuously seeking and coordinating business opportunities through optimised people planning, focused on IKEA/INGKA co-workers, customers and the IKEA/INGKA business with IKEA values at core.
• Implement people planning strategy at unit level, following principles/guidelines as localised by the Country HR team
• Ensuring adherence to IKEA/INGKA employment standards, legal, and union requirements related to People Planning in the unit
• Contribute to the unit’s complete people planning process from forecasting to the execution of the schedule by posting draft schedules timely, ensuring scheduled hours include planned absences and liaising on the development of final schedules with department managers in order to respond to co-worker, customer and business needs
• Identify possible improvements in the unit people planning process and escalate any potential deviation to the Unit HR manager when the scheduled or actual hours exceed the agreed financial framework.
• Ensure that the unit’s people planning process supports developing our talents and enable them to deliver an excellent and personal customer meeting.
• Collaborate with recruiting manager and Unit HRBP to ensure vacancies are filled with the right contract type, to secure the right preconditions for the co-worker to create a great customer meeting
• Ensure unit co-worker awareness and knowledge of the people planning process and their role in it through education, training and support.
In this role you will report to the Unit HR Manager.
This role is located in Arlon.
The internal job title for this function is People planning specialist Arlon.
IKEA is all about people, and our team make sure to bring the best people on board to keep our strong spirit of togetherness. We believe that different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger, and we ensure that our co-workers bloom into their best selves as they contribute to our business.