As a National Grid Analyst you will be part of the team responsible for ensuring the accuracy of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual safety analyses of the Belgian high-voltage grid. On the basis of these analyses, decisions are made in collaboration with the planning engineers and near-real-time engineers about transmission capacity on international high-voltage lines, the planning of switching operations on the high-voltage grid and the unavailability of power stations, so that it is possible to operate the grid in real time in compliance with the standards set by Elia.
The job mainly involves the following:
- You will prepare or interpret forecasts and analyse and process any changes with respect to hypotheses about consumption, production and data from national and foreign grids.
- You will perform the relevant calculations and examine the results critically. You will resolve any problems independently.
- You will analyse the results for long and short-term calculation processes (annual and quarterly calculations, annual and monthly capacities, weekly and daily preparations). You will identify the necessary preventive and/or corrective measures and will coordinate them with the various internal and external stakeholders (regional planners, planning engineers, near-real-time engineers, ARPs).
- You will report the results and decisions to all parties involved and will, if necessary, organise meetings to ensure the efficient and correct flow of information. You will prepare appropriate actions with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will monitor D-1 market coupling in a timely and accurate manner with a view to supporting day-to-day power exchange operation and obligations for CWE-MC and publishing the correct market data on the Elia website every day.
- You will monitor ARPs' individual balancing (capacity, nomination, injection and production) on a D-1 basis in order to ensure a balanced zone across the whole of Belgium.
- You will draft reports using existing templates and methods and you will monitor KPIs.
- You will follow up administrative tasks and support customers (CC, telephone, e-mail, etc.). You will process and publish market data (auctions, etc.) for internal and external purposes.
- You will ensure that operational procedures for the implementation of processes pertaining to grid safety calculations, capacity calculations and congestion forecasting are all kept up to date.
- You will train new hires in grid safety calculations, capacity calculations and congestion forecasting.
- You will take part in development projects at the NCC. This can happen at any stage of the project: design, implementation, testing, etc.
- You will monitor the correct operation of certain IT applications and identify and describe necessary changes to support the operational planning process.
- You will assume the role of process specialist and/or key user for certain processes (load flows, grid safety calculations, congestion forecasting, etc.). In this role, you will identify, coordinate and implement possible changes in order to support the operational planning process.