PPD is currently recruiting for a Medical Technologist to join our Central Laboratory in Zaventem, Brussels. This position performs a wide variety of clinical laboratory analyses including assays that define complicated disorders of the cardiovascular, endocrine, hematological, hemostatic, thrombolytic, and renal systems. Evaluates individual and related laboratory data, recognizes patterns or trends that suggest significance of results.
- Performs, reviews, and interprets complex, esoteric, and routine chemical, hematological, coagulation, renal, lipid, and hormonal analyses by manual, automated, and/or microscopic means.
- Integrates analytical results with specific and highly varied clinical trial protocols to evaluate credibility, appropriateness and accuracy of test results in order to facilitate entry or exclusion of subjects from research programs.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs clinical laboratory equipment, including routine preventative maintenance, calibrations, and safety checks. Recognizes and pursues instrument problems and resolutions.
- Evaluates analytical reagents, calibrators, and QC standards to ensure the accuracy of analytical results.
- Evaluates quality control procedures, evaluates results, and implements corrective action when indicated. Assists in carrying out ongoing statistical data analysis to detect trends and problems and undertakes corrective action.