The actuarial department at ERGO insurance NV is looking to fill the position of the manager of the BEGAAP and Profit participation Team.
Performing the Closing Process and Forecast and Planning process in line with Group reporting cycle:
- Execute the valuation of the company's technical provision in accordance with the valuation requirements related to the BEGAAP principles (including data review and assumption setting).
- provide in due time the necessary balance sheet accounts and profit and loss accounts.
- Perform and document checks and controls (such as Fouret reconciliations,...) for the above mentioned balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- Analyse the movement of the different accounts over different cycles and processes to better understanding the drivers of the companies result.
- providing the above-mentioned information for communication and reporting purposes internally and thereby supporting external communication and reporting (regular reporting on accounts under BEGAAP, IFRS, RSR, SFCR and ORSA).
- Document and update the processes in our internal tool.
Other responsibilities are:
- Preparation of decision proposal for the annual Profit Participation process.
- Undertake regular profit breakdown reviews.
- Regular filings with NBB and/ or FSMA
- Work together with 2nd line functions to assure the required information is available for executing their duties appropriately.
Leading the team responsible for BEGAAP and profit participation. The team consists of 4 team members:
- Holding regular team meetings, to assure the overall cohesion, retention and motivation of the team members.
- Setting up objectives for your team, performance reviews, coaching and development of your team members.
- Assure knowledge stays up-to-date, analyses actuarial aspects of new legislation and pro-actively share this knowledge as appropriate within the department.
Participation and contribution to assignments established by the company:
- Assist and support different internal committees (such as ALM) as well as the decision bodies by preparing decision and information notes.
- Assisting other departments and outsourcing partners on matters that require actuarial specialist input to the extent such departments do not have actuaries in their employ, whether in context of ongoing regular work or special projects.
- Participate in company projects in accordance with responsibilities, assure project and IT change request prioritization adequately reflects the interest of Actuary and Reserving in accordance with team responsibilities.
Assuring these activities are conducted:
- in a qualitative way, through continuous improvement of processes and methodology aimed at increasing quality, efficiency and transparency at least always in line with the applicable legal requirements. Quality efficiency and transparency is to be improved according to defined steering requirements.
- Conducting these activities conform legislation (on reserving, solvency and governance), in tune with the company's risk policy other local & group guidelines.
- You are an experienced professional, an actuary or at least have a degree in mathematics, physics or economics and have suitable relevant experience of min. 5 years in a comparable environment with exposure to reporting (balance sheet, P&L and/or planning activities)
- You have good people management skills
- Good knowledge of programming tools such as excel, VBA, SAS and familiar with the Prophet tool.
- You are precise and meticulous.
- Project management skills and result-oriented.
- You like to work in a team but can also work independently.
- You embrace change, are keen to improve and take initiative.
- You have an open mind, you are respectful and a good communicator.
- Actuarial qualification needed ( either through education or profession)
- You are multilingual in Dutch, french and English.