METRO is a leading international wholesale company with food and non-food assortments that specialises in serving the needs of hotels, restaurants and caterers (HoReCa) as well as independent traders. Around the world, METRO has some 16 million customers who can choose whether to shop in one of the large-format stores, order online and collect their purchases at the store or have them delivered. METRO also supports the competitiveness of entrepreneurs and independent businesses with digital solutions and thereby contributes to cultural diversity in retail and hospitality. Sustainability is a key pillar of METRO?s business. METRO has been listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for 7 consecutive years. The company operates in 34 countries and employs more than 97,000 people worldwide. In financial year 2019/20, METRO generated sales of ?25.6 billion. For more information, please visit metroag.de. Additionally, have a look in our online magazine MPULSE.de, where we report on what moves our customers, employees, partners and suppliers ? and what we move for them.
Country Business Controller / Financial Analyst (m/f/d)
- Problem solving:
- Analysis of country performance for actual and forecast results (P&L and Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, operational KPIs) and elaboration on business drivers and chance-and-risk analyses
- Participating in the creation and review of the yearly budget (VCP/MTP) analyzing strategy and measures implemented.
- Business partnering with several stakeholders on group and also on country side, providing finance expert opinion and supporting to decision making.
- Being interface between finance-related Corporate functions, the Country Finance teams and the related Operating Partner/ VC team
- Analyze and challenge projects and business cases in the areas of Country investments, real estate projects etc.
- Improving of controlling processes, especially in the light of the operating model
- Acting as controlling contact partner for the countries by reviewing their financial plan and measures? development (based on KPIs)
- Support of the regular country performance review (implementation of the VCP and related measures, financial performance), challenging of senior management during review meetings
- Lead/Support projects in collaboration with the operating teams
- Cross-functional tasks could include ? among others ? the controlling for Marketing, Logistics, SCM, Franchise, FSD and/or Operations in support of the responsible Operating Partners
- Support of Top Management meetings with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Freedom of action:
- Playing an active role in the performance reviews with the countries (leading the meeting in case Director Finance MCC Countries is not attending)
- Review of business cases and preparation of, together with Investment Controlling, comments for the investment committee, which will support the decision making
- Delivery of trainings (e.g. Finance for Non Financials) under consideration of the individual background and experience