- Provide legal advice and support (also in English) to all business operations of DKV Belgium NV and ERGO Insurance NV in relation to data protection law, general commercial law and, if possible, corporate law;
- Provide legal support to the DPO (GDPR) and to the ISO (cyber and information security);
- Review of and advise on all sorts of commercial agreements (services provisioning and supply agreements, consultancy agreements, outsourcing agreements, data processing agreements, controller to controller agreements, joint controller agreements, non-disclosure agreements, information security schedules, etc.);
- Follow-up on new legislation and regulations (including FSMA and NBB circulars/newsletters) and provide a legal update to the business on a periodic basis (at least quarterly);
- Ensure adherence with the Company by-laws and (internal) guidelines and regulations;
- Liaise with the Compliance team in relation to various legal matters;
- Assist in carrying out duties related to Corporate housekeeping and Corporate Governance (assistance in the coordination and adaptation of documentation for the Board of Directors, the Audit and Risk Committee and the Nomination and Remuneration Committee, etc.);
- Effectively manage commercial litigation matters and disputes and liaise with external lawyers;
- Draft and/or review settlement agreements;
- Head of Legal and Complaints
- You have a Master's degree in Law, preferably with a postgraduate degree in commercial or data protection law;
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel in the fields of commercial, data protection and/or corporate law, knowledge of insurance law is an asset but not an absolute requisite;
- Your mother tongue is Dutch or French, with excellent oral and written proficiency in English. Knowledge of other languages (German) is a plus but not a necessity.
- You have strong written and good communication skills and find it easy to establish contacts.
- You are business-oriented, solution-minded and are good at analysing and summarising information.
- You contribute to the achievement of the company’s objectives by being energetic, enthusiastic and engaged in everything you do.
- You like working autonomously and yet also show team spirit.
- You are able to build trust and show integrity by being genuine, listening carefully and keeping promises.
- You have the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- You know how to work with standard MS Office tools.
A competitive wage, meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance are part of the wage package. Our company is located in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.
Apply online! Don't forget to add your CV and motivation letter!