Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a science related discipline required and/or· MT(ASCP) certification or equivalent certification
- 5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a clinical laboratory or
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent critical thinking skills to support quality decision-making· Good time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good cooperative and collaborative skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to retain knowledge in various laboratory units and train new employees.
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to adapt to changes in workflow, unusual circumstances, and high pressure and time sensitive environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with other internal departments in order to troubleshoot and find resolution to problems
- Strong leadership abilities
- Analytical instrumentation experience.