At SGS, you can choose!
First of all, out of our various vacancies. However, SGS also gives you another choice.
Do you choose to expand or to enrich? We are not only looking for colleagues who can go in to depths of their discipline. We are equally as much looking for colleagues who we call ‘connectors’, people who can connect our diversity to our services. To each other. And this way, enrich our business.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We’re also the benchmark worldwide for quality and integrity. And that makes us very proud. This can only happen thanks to almost 100 000 colleagues worldwide, with more than 1650 employees in Belgium only. Our employees give 110% of themselves every day, divided over all expertises, branches and cultures. Our coworkers build their own way inside the company, the services and the expertise.
SGS Life Sciences carries out all type of services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, from coordination and running of clinical trials with new molecules or techniques on human beings, to support and consultancy on post marketing registration activities. SGS Life Sciences has also expertise in the quality control of pharmaceuticals.
We are currently looking for a (m/f): Lead Cloud Developer (Azure) - Mechelen
The challenge for you ?!
As a Lead Cloud Developer (Azure) you get to play a key role in the analysis, architecture, design, development, implementation, integration and support of maintainable, scalable and robust cloud solutions always with cost containment strategies in mind.
- You have a strong preference for a cloud-native approach and can also modernize existing applications
- You are always aware of the latest trends and want to share them with your colleagues
- You work closely with a team of engineers and developers to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- You provide consultation, guidance, and support across existing and emerging cloud technologies to the team
- Using the Agile methodology you design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable cloud solutions.
On top of this you are of course eager to learn.
What do you need to be successful?!
· You have obtained a bachelor or master’s degree in informatics or you have relevant proven experience on your track record
· You have proven work experience in a .NET and Azure development environment in order to get data management applications to the cloud
· Experience with at least some of the following domains is a must:
· API management
· Azure Cosmo DB
· Azure Blob/Table Storage
· Azure Functions
· You can work with development tools like Jira or Azure Devops and you are familiar with branching models as well as code revision systems such as Git to support the documentation of bugs, enhancements or features from request to code
· Relevant certification is a plus
· Knowledge of Oracle’s PL/SQL is a plus
· Your knowledge of English is as close to ‘mother tongue’ as possible, this in written as well as spoken; good knowledge of Dutch is a must
· You’re eager to learn and being an autodidact is a plus
On top of this following skills are important to become a good Lead Cloud Developer:
· Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
· A team player you can work closely with the developers, end-users, Project Leads, testers and the validation team
· Ability to influence other colleagues without direct authority
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
· Able to build strong partnership with other teams
· Work well with people who have diverse abilities, experiences, and perspectives
What we have to offer:
Are you looking for a first professional challenge? Or, were you already considering a big switch in your career? Maybe this could be your next step.
At SGS you can count on an interesting position where you can take responsibility.
Come enjoy our fun team of colleagues and on top of that, we will reward you with a salary package fully adapted to your needs (incl. retirement plan, company car, meal vouchers, etc,…)
Do you want to be part of this?
We are looking forward hearing from you!
Send us your story and your resume via the application button and maybe you will soon join us for work ànd coffee breaks.
Still have questions? Heidi can give you more details about the job. Send her an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.