We look for the
inspired and the
inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the
cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset,
let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our
many opportunities can lead to
What You Need To Know About Us …
At Sony, our mission is to be a company that inspires and fulfils your curiosity. Our unlimited passion for technology, content and services, and relentless pursuit of innovation, drives us to deliver ground-breaking new excitement and entertainment in ways that only Sony can.
The Sony Belgium branch of Sony Europe hosts a variety of support divisions, one of which being the Service, Quality and Environmental (SQE) division. Within SQE, the Business Intelligence team supports all the different departments by creating KPI visibility and analysing data with regards to our operations and our products. We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic data cruncher that is passionate about the Sony Electronics products and wants to help making them better.
You Will Help To Find Out
- Why people need support and service. What are the main reasons for the thousands of contacts a year between our consumers and our after-sales contact centres? You will work on finding the best categorization to make this reporting easier and better.
- What issues customers experience with their products. What problems do they encounter or what is unclear to them when it comes to product usage? You will work very closely together with the engineering team to understand this customer’s behaviour and get to the bottom of the issue. You will check whether the necessary documentation is available to our support agents and on our support website to find the best and/or quickest solution or even avoid this issue from happening.
- Why the number of contacts goes up or down at a certain moment. Is this trend normal, is it related to a certain country and/or product, is it caused by a software update, was a new product just introduced to the market, … ?
- What the priority should be for every identified issue. You judge on occurrence and possible solutions & their effectiveness. What are the main attack points our department should focus on?
- What product improvement leads we should propose to the design teams
- If the Operational Business KPIs are within the expected margins, and if not, analyse what are the underlying possible issues.
- What should be the reporting requirements that we need to have in place in order to have correct views whenever a new process or project is implemented?
- Having finished your analysis, you are expected to summarize conclusions and present them to peers & management. Likely some very tangible actions would come out of this and you would remain involved in measuring the impact of the change.
What We Are Looking For …
- A talented and inspiring individual with an analytical background (higher education – Bachelor/Master). Typically people who have an affinity with number crunching and have a mathematics, economics, IT or science background.
- You have a genuine passion for technology. A strong interest in our products and their behaviour in the market is key. You should be curious about the products’ features, and eager to understand their high level technical aspects. You are ready to work closely together with our product engineers to gather the necessary knowledge in order to fully understand the customers’ feedback on our products.
- You care about the detail and don’t mind to scroll to big amounts of raw data to get to the bottom of the issues you are investigating.
- You should be able to summarize complex data sets into management summaries (trends, patterns, cost impact, quality impact).
- Excel should have few secrets. More importantly, in case it has secrets you would show the motivation to unlock them. We use specific reporting tools based on SAP Business Objects and SQL server management studio and would provide you with training on this in case you haven’t used this before.
- You are comfortable talking in public. We expect you to attend business meetings and you should be able to formulate stance based on reason and data.
- When you are ready with your analysis, you will be curious to double check your data and your business understanding of the impact.
- You take pride in the presentation of your data. You highlight and you structure and you will dare to provide comments.
- You are willing to operate in a multi-cultural environment which is in constant change. What is done today might have lost relevancy tomorrow. You re-invent yourself while you help re-inventing the way we conduct business day by day.
What we offer:
Competitive salary package