Operation, maintenance and development of the IT installations of the European School Brussels IV.
There are two IT specialists in the IT team of our school.
The tasks of the IT assistants are divided into 4 distinct categories:
- Management and development of the IT installations
- System and Network Administration
- Helpdesk and technical assistance to the administrative and pedagogical staff of the school
- Assistance and proposals to the management to evolve the IT of the European School according to technological advances and the needs of all end users
The candidate will mainly be in charge of the management of the computer park and the users of administrative and educational domains. This important position requires technical knowledge, a good sense of listening, good interpersonal skills, a sense of organisation and anticipation, patience and availability for continuous self-training.
1) Management and development of the IT installations
- This function concerns the preparation of basic hardware and software used for administration and for teaching, particularly for computer courses and computer-assisted teaching.
- Provide technical support to the Director and the School Administrator in the choice of ICT equipment purchases.
- Install the hardware or supervise the installation when it is outsourced
- Install basic software (operating systems, basic office software) for teaching materials
- Install devices and software updates
- Customize machine and / or network configuration
- Ensure the protection of networks and equipment
- Develop user manuals (tutorials) for the correct handling of machines and software.
- Proactivity and initiative
- Intervene to diagnose the cause of a breakdown
- Repair the breakdown when possible or call the relevant technical service and follow the problem until it is resolved
- Manage the accounts and access rights to the networks and to various administrative applications, possibly in collaboration with the Super Key Users, in accordance with the instructions of the management and / or the OSGES.
2) System and Network Administration
- Installation / maintenance of Windows 2008/2012 servers and network services (Virtualization, DNS, DHCP, Printers, LDAP, Active Directory, etc ...).
- Maintenance of network equipment (Switch, router, Hub ...), firewall
- Automating common administration tasks (Scripting)
- Suggesting technical improvements and participating in their implementation.
- Keeping the entire computer system in working condition
- Maintaining a detailed inventory of equipment and interventions
- Installing new hardware or supervising the installation when sub-contracted
- Managing and updating the school website.
- Managing the telephone exchange.
- Updating applications including: Windows, Office, different browsers
- Administer and manage all systems related to school security.
3) Helpdesk and technical assistance to the administrative and pedagogical staff of the school
- On the basis of information provided by the IT Unit of the Office of the Secretary General, install the new versions of the software application
- Distribute any information from the IT Unit to the attention of the users of the School
- Provide "first line” helpdesk support to users for software application, hardware and office tools
- Manage the physical inventory of ICT equipment of the School
- In the event of a software or hardware failure, inform the ICT Unit or the service provider, and describe the incident. If necessary, carry out, under the control of the ICT Unit, the appropriate manipulations to solve the incident
- Participate in the design and the study lead by the ICT Unit to create or adapt new software for schools
- Represent the users of the school at meetings organised by the ICT Unit.