Proximus is the main telecom company and market leader in Belgium in different areas like optical fibre, mobile communication services and broadband/internet connectivity. "Enterprise Business Unit (EBU)" of Proximus is a Telco Market leader in the Belgian professional sector and an important Information and communications technology (ICT) player in the professional Benelux market with a yearly turnover of €1,3 Bio and EBITDA of ~ €600 Mio.
Within the "Finance business partner-EBU" team, you report to the Finance Business Partner Strategy, Transformation and Excellence (STE) in vital support of the STE team lead by the EBU Chief Operating Officer. STE is responsible for B2B strategy and key partnerships, digital and portfolio transformation with strong emphasis to track and improve profitability of EBU customers (segments) and product portfolio served. On top the STE team is driving the Operational Excellence program eg. Zero based budgeting (ZBB) which contributes to the 5-year cost savings plan and sustainable growth initiatives. You will support the Finance business partner in all related financial analysis, planning, reporting, and controlling activities.
- Assist in the ongoing design and modelling of the EBU end-to-end profit and loss (P&L) and cash flow together with the respective business counterparts from several perspectives including customer view, corresponding segmentation and relevant customer value proposals (CVP).
- During the build stage, critically review bottom-up all the end-to-end (E2E) cost applicable for B2B and link corresponding operational drivers. Identify and propose sustainable driver-based cost allocation models for the various perspectives in co-ordination with the Business teams.
- Monthly update and monitor the E2E profitability models for the various perspectives and decisively steer and monitor value realisation of actions in co-ordination with the respective FIN BP teams. Recommend necessary changes when and where applicable to continuously improve cash flow for EBU.
- Present the profitability proposal, key recommendations and subsequent follow-up actions on a regular basis to the EBU FIN teams, Business directors and EBU Management committee (shared responsibility with FIN BP - Segments & CVP).
- You will also support the B2B Operational Excellence program eg. Zero based budgeting (ZBB) which contributes to the 5-year B2B cost savings plan. You will be responsible for supporting new cost saving initiatives being identified, critically translate the financial savings and corresponding FTE drivers and implementation plan along with the Business teams.
- Periodic tracking steering and providing recommendations in sync with the Operational Excellence teams of the above savings initiatives and update of EBU MC dashboards. At the same time closely linking progress of various savings initiatives to the periodic EBU profitability analysis to steer and maximise impact.
- Also contribute to the EBU long term strategic plan by leveraging the profitability analysis from various perspectives and potential risks and opportunities for all the OPEX savings plan being clearly identified.
- Carry out any other related projects or assignments in support of the STE team as deemed necessary.