Within the Finance division, you'll join the team "Billing & Direct Cost validation". The main objective of our team is to pro-actively detect and minimize the revenue loss, for the outgoing billing flows, and the risk of overspending, for the incoming billing flows. In order to achieve this the B&DCV team designs and implements all processes needed that allow a correct follow-up of these financial streams.
The team is responsible for validating the accuracy in several domains belonging to our scope. We achieve this by performing complex analysis, analysing trends and sample validations, in the following areas:
- Retail billing to end customers
- Prepaid cards and reloads
- Third Parties (content providers such as Google, Netflix, Gaming...)
- Leased Lines
- Commissioning (indirect sales partners)
Our team is involved in each company project which implements new products and services, a new invoicing or direct cost (e.g. commissioning) related system, or a new business model.
This enables us to be aware of the main changes that will be implemented and to understand the impact on the business and the possibility to do the right risk assessment. In order to ensure our main objective, we are responsible to implement and/or adapt our controls and to ensure a correct interpretation of the results.
To gather and maintain a good understanding of these business flows and their related risks, we stay in close contact with key contact persons from several business departments (Marketing, Sales, Product Mngt, CUO), other colleagues within Finance and various teams within the Technical (IT) division.
Tasks and responsibilities:
As a Finance Specialist, within the B&DCV team, you'll:
- Become acquainted with the specific processes that are related to the domains within your scope of responsibility, in order to get a good view on the potential risks relative to that specific stream.
- Be capable of performing risk assessments on the different flows.
- Have to build up a good relation and maintain close contact with the key contact persons within the same domain of responsibility (product owner, technical divisions, other FIN sub-dept). The objective is to share information, expertise and experience.
- Design and implement the digital transformation of existing processes and operational controls through Data Analytics and various automation techniques. You are also responsible for updating and maintaining the current operational controls.
- Participate in the monthly accounting closing, by creating the needed financial reporting, analysing the figures and by sharing your findings with other stakeholders within and outside FIN.
- Closely monitor the status and progress of the outstanding operational issues in your area. You'll promote actions for timely solution and future avoidance of the same issue.
- Actively participate to projects in your area of responsibility. Your participation includes defining the changes that are needed to ensure a correct follow-up of the financial stream, designing test scenario's and participate to the testing. At project delivery in production you ensure that the existing processes are reviewed and updated, if needed.
- Pro-actively communicate about observed issues, as well as formulate clear recommendations to the management, regarding the domains under your responsibility.
- Coach junior colleagues in case you are working together on the same domain.
- Be an Ambassador for digital transformation.