The Feedstock Trading job in Borealis means much more than buying and selling. As markets are constantly shifting, it is your challenge to purchase and trade the assigned portfolio which includes all NGLs ranging from ethane to butane, propane and naphtha.
The ultimate goal is to deliver the optimal combination of price, quality and cracking value and to keep Borealis’ olefins plants always supplied at the highest overall profitability within the defined risk and commercial mandates.
It is your role to:
- Evaluate and forecast the market developments for the assigned product portfolio;
- Manage Borealis’ commercial position with a strong focus on financial, operational and logistical risk management;
- Contribute to the development and execution of the supply and contracting strategy for the operational time frame;
- Negotiate contracts with 3rd parties engaging relevant stakeholders (Legal, Supply Chain, Risk department etc.)
- Manage and execute the operational trading activities (contractual and spot business) within the assigned portfolio to achieve the targeted commercial performance which includes cracking value, shipping and logistical economics, inventory management amongst others.
- Establish and develop a commercial network enabling you to identify new potential sources of short and long term advantageous cracker feedstock.
- Manage and execute financial derivatives trading activities for the designated books such as hedging and position taking within the designated mandates
- Participate in industry conferences, projects, supplier and customer meetings.
- Continuously look for creative ways to develop new business and suggest projects that could further strengthen Borealis’ feedstock position.