At the Antwerp Management School (AMS), an internationally renowned business school with its roots and main branch in the bustling heart of Antwerp, both young and experienced professionals are supported and guided in their quest for healthy growth and sustainable professionalisation in order to create impact as an individual, business team, company, or organisation.
We are a dynamic, innovative and customer-oriented organisation, driven by an enthusiastic team. Our faculty experts and employees make every effort to offer our customers permanent learning experiences by sharing their state-of-the-art expertise and relevant insights that really matter in daily practice. Click here to get a taste of the atmosphere on campus.
The Antwerp Management School aims to maximise diversity and would like to encourage everyone – regardless of sex, religion, ideology, origins, language, functional impairments, etc. – to apply.
Would you like to join our team? We are looking for a Facility Manager
De Boogkeers is a beautiful learning and working environment in the heart of Antwerp, fully realized from a circular and sustainable point of view in line with the mission of Antwerp Management School.
The Facility / Building Manager contributes to the further exploitation and exploration of all possibilities of this unique location. As a result, you have a direct impact on the learning and working environment of our international population of students and employees.
This function offers the possibility to work from strategy to implementation.
Operational building management
• You ensure that the school is a sustainable, safe, clean and functional environment for colleagues, visitors and customers. You ensure that the building is well maintained and always looks perfect, and that the facility services are ready to receive and support customers and partners;
• You act as a point of contact for facility issues. You set priorities and you provide the appropriate solutions and actions and you provide feedback on this;
• You monitor the execution of maintenance work via subcontractors;
• You are responsible for orders and inventory management of facility purchases including the the office supply inventory;
• You are responsible for coordinating / managing the maintenance, catering, cleaning and security teams, both preventively and curatively;
• You coordinate the supporting teams and support the business teams with optimum occupancy of classrooms and meeting rooms;
• You monitor the quality of reception, catering and cleaning and you are a discussion partner for external suppliers;
• You build sustainable systems and processes to ensure operational excellence;
• You monitor whether the AMS employees and visitors are compliant with the house rules
• You evaluate and collect data, detect hazards, prepare risk analyzes and formulate advice on corrective and preventative measures.
• You are responsible for drawing up and helping to implement the prevention plan whereby you actively raise awareness among employees;
• You are the liaison with the security firm and other outsourced services related to building management and facility services.
Contract and budget management
• You negotiate and follow up all supplier contracts, such as maintenance contracts, insurance, energy consumption and catering;
• You are responsible for drawing up the facility budget and you keep expenses under control;
• You organize and coordinate a sustainable purchasing policy.
Strategic and commercial management
• You inventory all facility services and products / services and you create a vision with regard to new developments and trends;
• You contribute to the commercialization of the Boogkeers infrastructure.
• You are someone with strong project management skills;
• You tackle operational challenges from a proactive and result-oriented attitude;
• You act as a partner for the business and are very customer-oriented in your communication to both external and internal customers;
• You work well under pressure and can determine the necessary priorities in all circumstances;
• Working with people gives you energy, you have "people management skills" and experience in managing a facility team;
• Sustainability ideas inspire you and you are able to create a vision based on the exploitation of De Boogkeers drawing from this mind-set.
• You have experience in budget management and cost control;
• You have experience with automated systems;
• You have an eye for technology, safety and a clean working environment;
• You are able to work both independently and in a team;
• You are flexible and willing to work occasionally in the weekend or during evenings;
• You speak English fluently.
You will be part of one of the world’s leading international management schools. Our organisational culture is warm and open-minded with ambitious and driven colleagues. Our aim is to further internal relationships and to make work fun.
Our customers and many of our staff members come from every corner of the globe, giving AMS a strong international vibe.
Ours is a highly flexible work environment where you can expect a great deal of autonomy and room for deploying and developing your own entrepreneurship. This will allow you to create the work–life balance that works for you.
You will work in a hip and sustainable environment in the very heart of Antwerp. Check out our new campus in this video: Boogkeers
Besides an appealing salary with benefits, AMS offers the opportunity to further develop your skills and to grow as a professional.
Our motto truly encapsulates what we represent: ‘Opening minds, to impact the world’
In sum, a job with impact
Send your resumé and motivation letter via this link to Sarah Stemgée, HR Director. Your application will be handled quickly and discreetly.