The General Purpose of this function is a wide range of planning, forecasting, and analytical activities, including analysis of monthly results, updating financial forecasts as needed, and operating plan process. You will work within the Antwerp Finance department, and report directly to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis for the company in Antwerp.
The key accountabilities as a FP&A Analyst are:
Planning and Forecasting
- Develop & perform capital and operational planning processes as directed by management;
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of new projects from a performance and cash requirements perspective;
- Assist & in certain cases lead the development of annual budgeting, financial forecasting, long-range planning and required modeling tools for the company;
- Develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives.
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare and distribute management reports and operational analysis for internal use;
- Analysis of valuation of rough procurement vs sales margin realized;
- Participate in monthly MMR (Monthly Management Reviews) that present focused analytics to operational leadership;
- Prepare year-over-year cost walks and ensure the key drivers of volume, price, mix and cost out can be attributed to operational drivers;
- Use of subcontractors vs internal production;
- Monitor and analyze cost absorption;
- Enhance analytical tools and methodologies for increased automation and efficiency;
- Link with international colleagues in order to optimize external reporting and provide high level financial analysis to support the business' corporate performance improvement;
- Other ad hoc analysis and projects as required.
- Improve performance by evaluating financial processes to drive efficiencies;
- Partner with Finance Management to develop effective financial analysis modeling.